How was Easter for my fellow Planners?

Options
SwissClover
SwissClover Posts: 9 Member
Hi, As the forum has been a little slow I thought I would check in to see how we all made it through Easter? We do an Easter brunch so I had my gluten free bread, but three pieces where I would normally have one (I tested reactive to rye and together with Dr Katie we believe it is the gluten). Of course I ate almost a full dark chocolate easter bunny so I am scared to check the scale tomorrow. I am in Phase 2 of the plan and haven't lost as much as I would like but overall I feel much healthier and am happier for it. Although I do find the tested becomes a bit monotonous...how was Easter for everyone else?

Replies

• GmaQueenBee
    GmaQueenBee Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Up 1.6 pounds! I thought I was being good and didn't eat any reactive foods. I spent the day working in my garden so I didn't drink all the water I was supposed to and I forgot to take any of my medication but otherwise I was good. The only processed food I ate was some Wholly Guacamole that I bought. I've been eating avocados regularly and the only other ingredient I could have reacted to was the vinegar. I guess that's going to be the next thing tested once I reduce this inflammation. I just finished the 20 days and haven't lost very much, mostly because I keep testing reactive to things.
  • kayceeme
    kayceeme Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Holidays are even harder for me than weekends. I was really "off Plan" both Saturday and Sunday, and had a delicious Easter brunch with many untested foods. I lost .2 lbs both days, which isn't really much feedback to go on in terms of knowledge of what is ok/not ok to eat. Feeling grateful that at least I didn't get a bigger reaction though.

SwissClover, I also am struggling a bit with eating the same safe foods repeatedly. I seem to do ok with regular bread but need to find another protein. I only have been able to eat chicken and beef, and under The Plan you only should have beef about once a week. So that leaves me with chicken, chicken, chicken. Guess what's for dinner tonight? You got it--chicken! I am going to try fish this week though.

Jocyme, I wonder if it could have been the outdoor work as well as the lack of water that you are reacting to. Since it's early in the season, your body might not be used to it yet. Something to think about, maybe.

Part of the 5-day self test is to incorporate an exercise "test". I did this last week and chose to do about 30 mins of Pilates. Not all that strenuous but I was achy the next day and gained over a pound. I was really surprised as I had eaten only safe foods.

I also wish that I had lost more weight over the course of my "Planning". I've had a lot of low negative reactions that have kept me from adding more foods to my diet and from otherwise making progress. But I do feel healthier and more in touch with my body and its needs. Certainly more cognizant of my weight gains and losses. Trying to focus on figuring out the puzzle so that I can land on a diet that includes foods that I enjoy and know I can eat without worry.
  • GmaQueenBee
    GmaQueenBee Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Kayceeme, I hadn't thought about the exercise and lack of water being a negative reaction, but that could be it. I should know tomorrow. I had some more of the guacamole for my morning snack, before I got to thinking I might be reactive to the vinegar.

Today has been a clean rest day with everything testing friendly (except the guacamole). I got about 7000 steps in at work (I track with a Fitbit) and worked in the garden for an hour afterwards. Generally I would go to the gym but this beautiful weather isn't going to last so I want to get as much cleaned up as I can. I think that the bending, stretching, digging, and pulling could count as a good cardio/strength workout.

I'm going to start the 5 day Self Test as soon as I recover from this reaction. Yes, many of the meals are monotonous, especially having a salad for lunch and dinner. It gets very tiring eating your meat on a bed of mixed greens or romaine lettuce. It's really a love/hate relationship. Some days I look forward to it and others it's a chore to choke down. Today lunch was a chore.
  • airedalemom88
    Options
    I was only up one pound this morning. I started Easter day out with Flax cereal for breakfast, and then had regular food for lunch and dinner. I had small servings of things I knew I shouldn't be eating, including a half a piece of red velvet cake for dessert which I ate after 7:30. I probably didn't get all my water in. I had no problem starting back with The Plan menu this morning.
  • kayceeme
    kayceeme Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That piece of red velvet cake was worth the 1 lb, in my opinion. Especially if you are able to get right back on The Plan!