Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

PROPER RUNNING TECHNIQUE

HAVE ANY OF YOU THOUGHT ABOUT STARTING TO RUN?
I'VE BEEN ON BREAK FROM RUNNING FOR A YEAR NOW DUE TO A SCIATIC NERVE PROBLEM AND WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET STARTED AGAIN. I FOUND THIS ONLINE AND THOUGHT I'D SHARE IN CASE ANYONE ELSE IS THINKING ABOUT STARTING.

LOOK FORWARD
To stay upright and light on your feet, and to breathe more easily; imagine yourself suspended by a string attached to the top of your head, as if you were a puppet, keep the chin up: direct your eyes forward rather than looking down at the ground.

PUMP ARMS
Keep your shoulders relaxed and swing your arms up to your chest and down to your hip. all momentum should propel you forward. don't let them flap open like wings while you're swinging your arms back and forth; doing so wastes energy.

STICK THE LANDING
If you land on your toes you're putting excess strain on your calf muscles. heel landers jam themselves into the ground, risking lower back problems, so your should always land on the balls of your feet and push off.

STAY IN LINE
When your foot is fully flush to the ground, it should be directly beneath your knee, which should be directly below your hip by th end of your stride. to achieve alignment, lean forward every so slightly, about 2 to 3 degrees, you'll get a more fluid motion.

RELAX FISTS
Keep hands loose. imagine lighlty holding a piece of paper between your thumb and second finger. clenching your fists causes your muscles to contract, squandering energy.