marinadanielle
marinadanielle Posts: 127 Member
My stats:

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 158
BF%: 30
TDEE: ~2100
BMR: ~1450-1500

So I've used the IPOARM formula, as well as various other calculators to try to figure out what TDEE-20% would be for me, and while I'm not fully confused, I do need some help figuring out which settings to use. I have a job that is driving most of the day ( I work 3 days a week), but does involve perhaps an hour of lifting per day (ie loading and unloading 15-30 barricades, nothing heavy, but a constant effort). I do C25K 3 times per week, and I'm only on week 3 so it's only about 10 mins running/20 mins walking each session. I also started Stronglifts about two weeks ago. I'm not sure if this combined level of activity counts as lightly active or moderately active, especially since my actual running time is so little and I'm not up to super heavy weights on SL yet. The numbers I get from fat2fit for my TDEE are 2130 for lightly active, and 2400 for moderately active. MFP, on the other hand, is set at lightly active and says I only burn 1990. This puts my TDEE-20% range between 1500-1920. Obviously this is a huge difference and I don't want to overeat, so I'm not sure what to do. Should I consider myself moderately active and eat closer to the 1920, or should I play it safe since my actual heavy exertion times are low and eat closer to 1500? I have my daily calorie goal currently set to 1650, but I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. Thanks for any help!! I definitely need it. [:

Replies

• caleo2006
    caleo2006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to this too, but I would say you are moderately active. I am also doing Stronglifts, I'm going to send you a friend request! ????
  • marinadanielle
    marinadanielle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try moderately active and see if I gain any weight, and if I do then I'll work from there and slowly cut back. I hope I am in the moderate category though, I definitely wouldn't turn down an extra 200 calories per day. I added you! [:
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You would be moderate.
    Most people are naturally "lightly active" without even trying. So basically if you workout roughly 3 or more days a week, you are automatically in the moderate category. Based on your job, even part time, that would put you in moderate alone, along with the stronglifts..

Dont count your activity level. Eat at the highest level you can. Its always easier to adjust from a higher level than a lower level of cals