Getting back to it.....

Options
PaytraB
PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
I've had a busy 10 days and have only gotten one run in during that time. It was a gorgeous run, along the oceanfront, but the only one.
Today I recommit myself to being a better and more consistent runner. Today will be my first run in one week. It'll be brutal, I'm sure, but I'm going to push myself and get back on track.
Also this week, I'll be visiting The Running Room to see if they can help me with a running program of some sort. I find I do better with a structured program. I've kind of floundered around since finishing C25K.

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It is difficult, isn't it? You get so focused on graduating that you forget that there is an "after" to the program.

I have a random 5k that I'm probably going to walk (I'm doing it with a friend and she's having some health issues) that I'm "training" for. I'm looking for another to actually run, though. I think, once I get fit, I might do two 10ks, a half marathon and a 5k each year (one each quarter), just so I have something to work towards.

Tomorrow is my first day of speedwork:

Run a total distance of 4 Mi. Your run should include:
    - a warm up of about 1 mile at an easy pace
    - 3 repeats of 800 meters each; your time for each repeat should be 4:45
    - a 400-meter recovery jog after each repeat
    - a cool down of about 1 mile at an easy pace

Note: Warm ups and cool downs are generally 1 mile each. But on some days, you'll need to make them longer to reach the total distance for your run.

The last time I went that fast on a treadmill, I started wheezing, but I'll do what I can do and back off if I need to. I'm a lot stronger now, of course.