How do you tell your girlfriend “be cute for this?”

13»

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    This thread came to mind the other day... I went with BB to his band director alumni thing and had no clue until later when I noticed all the wives/gfs there instantly looked at my hands. I'm trying to play it off so I wait until I get alone in the bathroom to see what's up with my hands. My nails were all jagged and dirty from packing and moving. Since the whole point of him asking me along was to "show me off" to his buddies, I really would have appreciated him pointing out my nails (if he had noticed). Fortunately, I don't think any of the menfolk there even cared about my nails. I think the hair, awesome new dress, and body were all they cared about lol.

PEOPLE NOTICE THOSE THINGS?

Well I'm f*cked anyway XD

I have had guys tell me that "If a girl can't even keep up her nails she probably doesn't keep up other area of her body."
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    This thread came to mind the other day... I went with BB to his band director alumni thing and had no clue until later when I noticed all the wives/gfs there instantly looked at my hands. I'm trying to play it off so I wait until I get alone in the bathroom to see what's up with my hands. My nails were all jagged and dirty from packing and moving. Since the whole point of him asking me along was to "show me off" to his buddies, I really would have appreciated him pointing out my nails (if he had noticed). Fortunately, I don't think any of the menfolk there even cared about my nails. I think the hair, awesome new dress, and body were all they cared about lol.

PEOPLE NOTICE THOSE THINGS?

Well I'm f*cked anyway XD

I have had guys tell me that "If a girl can't even keep up her nails she probably doesn't keep up other area of her body."

LOL, okay I guess if they care about nails so much they make excuses about it that's fine
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member

I can only imagine what they would have thought about me... I would have pulled my pocket knife out and cleaned my nails in front of them if I caught them looking. Seriously. #Redneck?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Honestly, people who are so preoccupied with having an attractive spouse generally tend to be insecure. Hence, they use their spouse to build their self esteem and their personal shortcomings. Why would a man try to change a woman's approach to life? If he wants something different, then I think he needs to communicate that to his girlfriend.

I met a man like this. He was very particular about the girl he dated. They must be a certain type and he usually don't deviate. Whether someone wants to wear makeup is their choice. I personally never wear makeup unless its for a date or a special event. Hell I even went out on date before without makeup. Maybe I am too comfortable in my own skin. Take it or leave it!

Im one of those people that believe that when you are out and about, you are representing a couple, no longer just yourself. (bonus to being single, you're allowed to look like utter shit every day if you want to and don't care how it reflects on you or influences your reputation).

Therefore, I'd be making him proud no matter where I was or whether or not he was with me, because I would care about how BOTH of us are perceived, and I wouldnt want him to ever have to answer the question - "Why are you with such a sloppy, style-less, frumptyfrump?"
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member

Im one of those people that believe that when you are out and about, you are representing a couple, no longer just yourself.
    Therefore, I'd be making him proud no matter where I was or whether or not he was with me, because I would care about how BOTH of us are perceived, and I wouldnt want him to ever have to answer the question - "Why are you with such a sloppy, style-less, frumptyfrump?"

I agree with this. I wish more men thought how they look is reflective of a couple, too!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Honestly, people who are so preoccupied with having an attractive spouse generally tend to be insecure. Hence, they use their spouse to build their self esteem and their personal shortcomings. Why would a man try to change a woman's approach to life? If he wants something different, then I think he needs to communicate that to his girlfriend.

I met a man like this. He was very particular about the girl he dated. They must be a certain type and he usually don't deviate. Whether someone wants to wear makeup is their choice. I personally never wear makeup unless its for a date or a special event. Hell I even went out on date before without makeup. Maybe I am too comfortable in my own skin. Take it or leave it!

Im one of those people that believe that when you are out and about, you are representing a couple, no longer just yourself. (bonus to being single, you're allowed to look like utter shit every day if you want to and don't care how it reflects on you or influences your reputation).

^ This.

I take pride in the way I look and present myself. I'd expect no less of my significant other. Too many people nowadays just don't care or are too lazy to put any effort into the way they look.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member

^ This.

I take pride in the way I look and present myself. I'd expect no less of my significant other. Too many people nowadays just don't care or are too lazy to put any effort into the way they look.

Agreed - I was embarassed when my guy friend wanted me to meet up with him and I didn't think I looked my best and his friends were there. He said I looked good but I didn't think so.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member

Agreed!!

You know what I kept seeing at the movies last weekend. The woman would look good (either heels or nice sandals, jeans and nice blouse or dress) and the man looked sloppy (baggy jeans and tee shirt).

Now that I think about it i tend to see that more often than the man looking good and the woman looking awful.
  • TheKitsune6
    I'll dress up for a social event, but I am generally a jeans, tank top and ponytail kinda gal. I don't do pedicures (No one touches my feet except me. And my dog, he can lick them) and I don't do manicures. I work with animals so getting my nails done is unnecessary. I keep them clean but they are short and plain. If ladies are going to be giving me the stink eye over that then they can slap nuts for all I care. If my man cares so much that he'll think less of me then he'll get over it or leave.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member

Agreed!!

You know what I kept seeing at the movies last weekend. The woman would look good (either heels or nice sandals, jeans and nice blouse or dress) and the man looked sloppy (baggy jeans and tee shirt).

Now that I think about it i tend to see that more often than the man looking good and the woman looking awful.

Wow massive brain fart.

Meant to say that I tend to see most men looking awful while the woman looks good.
  • MissingMinnesota
    I'll dress up for a social event, but I am generally a jeans, tank top and ponytail kinda gal. I don't do pedicures (No one touches my feet except me. And my dog, he can lick them) and I don't do manicures. I work with animals so getting my nails done is unnecessary. I keep them clean but they are short and plain. If ladies are going to be giving me the stink eye over that then they can slap nuts for all I care. If my man cares so much that he'll think less of me then he'll get over it or leave.

Short and clean is good it is when they are jagged with dirt under them (like mine after softball or football) that the judgement starts.
  • TheKitsune6

Short and clean is good it is when they are jagged with dirt under them (like mine after softball or football) that the judgement starts.

God forbid a woman play SPORTS
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

Speaking of sports, I love women's soccer. The legs on most of those ladies :love:
  • yoovie

lifting heavy has left my hands no bueno for handjobs.

:sad:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member

but it probably made your grip amazing lol,,,just use lots of lube
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

you've had complaints? also what jenbit said. 
  • MissingMinnesota

you've had complaints? also what jenbit said. 

It's the damn calluses on the palm.
  • yoovie

that's a little too strong now too :sad: