The 8 Week Challenge

Options
THExNEKOxCHAN
THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
I've joined an 8 week challenge with some friends. I've set a goal for myself to reach in the next 8 weeks. I've chosen to walk at least 100km (at most 128km). I've chosen to walk at least 5 times a week. It's up to you guys to harass me into keeping up my challenge. :P

I was trying to think up some kind of reward for reaching my goal. I haven't thought of anything yet. I may never think of anything.

Aside from my distance goal, I'd like to set a strength/time/weight goal. I have a vacation coming up in 5 months, and I'd like to, for instance, be able to fit into the airline seats without needing to put the armrest up. I'd like to be able to fit in size 18 or smaller jeans. I'd like to be able to see myself with a thinner face and more pronounced hips (for example...)

Yesterday I walked 3.2km. This morning I walked another 3.2km. So that brings me to: 6.4km/100km. By the end of this week I should have walked at least 16km.

It's a start.

Replies

• THExNEKOxCHAN
    Options
    Day three: 3.2km. 9.6km/100km. I was so exhausted that I slept in, and didn't get out of the house until around 8am, and didn't get back home until 9. Good news is that I appear to have lost another kilo, so now I weigh 140kg. I wish there was a way to wear warm clothing that's still light for weighing. It was 4C this morning. :S
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    Options
    Day 4. Same ****, different day. 3.2km walked, bringing me up to a total of 12.8km/100km. I was so tired yesterday I slept for two or three hours in the afternoon, and got nothing else done. Then I stayed up writing until 11:30pm, and went to bed, and stayed awake at least until 1:30am. Just another day.
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    Options
    Day 5! 3.2km, 16km/100km. I have reached my 16km goal for this week, 5 days in a row of walking. My right knee is creaking more than it should and I'm exhausted all the time, but I made it through the first week. I'm going to rest for this weekend, and reward myself with some Star Trek.
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    Options
    Week 2

Total at 16km, (32km/100km) but 1 had to go for a walk over the weekend to make up for a short one at the beginning of the week.

Week 3

Up at 6am, and went for a CLW: Curiosity Led Walk. I'm not sure how far I went, maybe 2km? I'll be making another trip down later to pick up some milk and go to the post office, which should bring it up around 3km. So, with the short walk on Saturday and Sunday, I'll call it 34.1km/100km.