Phase 1 - How heavy are your starting weights?

Options
I am almost done with Phase 1. I will be starting my last week and am really feeling now that I didn't lift with heavy enough weights. I am really kind of sad over this. I mean i feel i am getting a workout and that my muscles are being used, for sure.

I am just curious to know if I am or am not in the right ball park.

Help me out sista's!!!!

Thanks for your time :-)

Replies

• sgcadola
    sgcadola Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Are you able to finish a set? How often are you going up in your weight? You can really only be the judge of how much you can lift. Test yourself out. Play around with different weights. If you can get to 12 with no problem then you're not lifting heavy enough. If you go to failure around reps 8-12 then you're in the right ball park. However if you can only do 4 reps and it's too heavy, go down a few lbs and start over. Push yourself. :wink:
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Agreee with previous poster. My last reps for a total of 12 are really difficult to get through.
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    Are you able to finish a set? How often are you going up in your weight? You can really only be the judge of how much you can lift. Test yourself out. Play around with different weights. If you can get to 12 with no problem then you're not lifting heavy enough. If you go to failure around reps 8-12 then you're in the right ball park. However if you can only do 4 reps and it's too heavy, go down a few lbs and start over. Push yourself. :wink:

GREAT ADVICE. THANK YOU!!