EMTWL member using a fitbit/bodymedia?

Options
bfitgirl
bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
Just wondering if anyone here owns a fitbit or bodymedia?

I've looked at the other User boards here and the product website on both of them and bodymedia looks like a great tool - any reviews from this group?

Have they helped in determining a more accurate TDEE etc.

:smile:

Replies

• CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have had a fitibit for a few months now and I absolutely LOVE it. I would say it is almost exactly what the Scooby site suggests is my TDEE, etc. I use it more for a motivator to be more active throughout my day...I try to get in 10,000 steps a day...before the fitbit I was averaging more like 5,000. I love how the fitbit one has the sleep tracker too. And another benefit: it has a "silent alarm" that vibrates on your wrist to wake you up (great if your significant other doesn't want to be wakened at 4:45am when you get up to go to the gym! LOL)
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've had my FitBit since August and I too must say that it is pretty close to what the Scooby calculator says. It definitely motivates me to get more active and I love how it keeps track of how much I burn in a day. Love the silent alarm on the One too!
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks.

i think im leaning towards the fitbit as its a small device compared to the strap of bodymedia, and the new wristband Fitbit looks great.

Even though my only fitness is weight training x3, (it's not supposed to be that great in tracking that) I think i would like to know my daily movements count, I'm fairly lazy, so that might motivate me more.
  • Happy2BeMichelle
    Options
    I have the body media and love it. Yes I have received comments from people about what it is, but when I explain it it is no big deal. It does have a monthly fee but the first 3 months are free right now. It gives me a minute by minute break down, I have tried tricking it but it records everything. I love that it lets me know exactly how much sleep I get and how much vigorous vs moderate activity I do. That way I know that I could've pushed harder. It does reccomend that I eat at a 1,000 calorie deficit but I customized it to a 500 deficit which I think is good. Either one you choose make sure you account for a 10% error. And give it at least a week or two to get to know you. My highest burns were on the first two days and now it has evened out. Also they have great customer service (real people that stay on the line with you till you know what you are doing). Good luck with your purchase.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I've had my Body Media Fit for over a year now and I LOVE it!!! I'm a detail-oriented, numbers type person so I love being able to see everything in real time and know EXACTLY what my numbers are. And now that the BMF links up with MFP, it is the ultimate perfection!!!

It can be bulky to wear at first but you get used to it.

I'd highly recommend it!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Oh and I second what the person above me said about excellent customer service. When I have had issues, they are very quick to get back to me either by e-mail or phone.