Damn scale!!

Options
dreamchaser12
dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
I'm feeling frustrated lately. I know success isn't all measured by the scale. However, I think its a bit ridiculous that it hasn't moved since late December (the week before Christmas to be exact)!! I have been keeping my carbs at or below 100g a day, increasing my fibre (25g) and protein (can't recall now, want to say its around 100g). Drinking 8-10 cups of water a day. I am still exercising on a regular basis. I do my circuit training class 2x a week and do one at home on my own. I also run once a week and now that the weather has gotten nicer I've been walking more as well (I don't mind walking on the treadmill but prefer to walk outside, whereas I prefer running on the treadmill, I know, I'm strange, lol!). I've decided to increase my exercise to 6x a week with one rest day. I'm doing something 'wrong', I just don't know what on earth it can be! My friends and family keep commenting when they see me that I'm looking good and they feel like I'm still losing weight. I wore a pair of pants on Saturday night that I haven't worn in about 6 weeks and they are getting too big. Do I need to switch up my workouts more? I don't eat back my calories as I have my calories set at TDEE (I think thats what its called). Maybe cut out carbs more? Ugh!! I hate this!! Would love some feedback.

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You say your calories are set at TDEE. That would make you maintain. You need to be eating under TDEE (20% or so) to lose. You don't want to go under BMR. It's clear you are doing a lot right! And your body can change without the scale reflecting it. Losing weight is 90% food, 10% exercise (eat for weight loss, exercise for fitness), so I don't know that changing your workouts will change much.
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Yikes!! Okay, thank you! I do recall subtracting something from my TDEE, however I did it awhile ago now (back in November/December). I'm going to tweek my diet and calories and give it a month and see how that goes. :)
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Okay, so I went back to the site I calculated my TDEE and it put me at 1692 calories a day to lose approx. 1lb a week. To maintain I would eat 2115 calories a day. I had set MFP at 1600 calories a day. I then went in to MFP and changed my settings/goals and its saying to eat 1480 calories a day to lose 1lb a week. Which isn't far off from the other site. So I've changed MFP and am going to give the 1480 calories a day a try.
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    It takes a little trial and error to find what works for you! And you gave it time to work and it didn't. So often people try something new and give up after a few days, so you're ahead of the game.

Do you also use a food scale for measuring your food? I think it makes all the difference. We humans are terrible estimators.

Good luck!
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    Thank you for your advice and suggestions. I will get a food scale. I do use measuring cups and spoons for most foods, but some things may not be accurate as I don't have a food scale.
  • Celeigh12
    Options
    It's so worth it!! I can't believe how easy it is to overestimate even with measuring cups/spoons. And even sometimes underestimate. The food scale is the best tool there is for someone wanting to lose weight.