Weird muscle issue...

Options
bmstee03
bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
My son was in the hospital so I missed my workout for 2 weeks. I went back at it on Monday and just picked up where I left off. Now, two days later, I can still barely walk. Normal? My quads are on fire and going from sitting to standing is very painful. I ran yesterday thinking it may help work out the soreness but, alas it was not so.

Should I lift tonight? Give it a another day or so?

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    It sounds very normal to me. I always know that starting back after a break, or starting a new stage, or even increasing my weights is sure to make me extremely sore. Get a foam roller and start doing some rolling if you don't already. I'd go ahead and lift. It usually helps my soreness!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's normal. Yes, lift tonight. Make sure you do a 5 minute general warm-up plus the exercise specific warm-up.
  • bmstee03
    Options
    Thank you. The soreness seems to be going away as the day goes on. Is this DOMS?
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My son was in the hospital so I missed my workout for 2 weeks. I went back at it on Monday and just picked up where I left off. Now, two days later, I can still barely walk. Normal? My quads are on fire and going from sitting to standing is very painful. I ran yesterday thinking it may help work out the soreness but, alas it was not so.

Hope your son is doing better :ohwell:
  • bmstee03
    Options

Hope your son is doing better :ohwell:

Much better thank you! He has Cystic Fibrosis so these things are 'normal' for our family.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Thank you. The soreness seems to be going away as the day goes on. Is this DOMS?
    Precisely. It's always the worst 2 days after the lifting session.

Edit: See proper warm-ups on Pgs. 130-133. Keep lifting honey!