Wk4 Apr3-10 The Final Stretch Plan

Options
DragonflyF15
DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
What's your game plan for the last week? I went through my calculators and decided to cut back to 20%TDEE(was 15%), cut even the small amount of sugar/honey I added to my teas, set my daily sodium lower and plan to shoot for 400-500calorie burns for 6 days in this upcoming week. 2lbs is alot, esp for someone who has less to lose, I will be happy with just 1. Heck, I'll be happy with just about any loss as long as it's not a gain :)

We've got this! :drinker: <----drinking water of course!

Replies

• cougar2007
    Options
    I have been working out 5 days a week, but notice that sometimes I taper off with energy for my workouts, so I have started taking a pre-workout drink. So far the results have been pretty good and so I will continue to use that even after the 4 week mark.
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I actually will be slowing down on workouts. I just finished my 30 day workout plan I was doing at home. So going to take a break and do only gym stuff for the next week or two. Then I will start up another home based workout.
    I've already reached my initial goal for the challenge, so just going to keep doing what I've been doing and see how much farther I can push it !
  • Gracie430
    Gracie430 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What's your game plan for the last week? I went through my calculators and decided to cut back to 20%TDEE(was 15%), cut even the small amount of sugar/honey I added to my teas, set my daily sodium lower and plan to shoot for 400-500calorie burns for 6 days in this upcoming week. 2lbs is alot, esp for someone who has less to lose, I will be happy with just 1. Heck, I'll be happy with just about any loss as long as it's not a gain :)

LOL! Of course!! We love our water at MFP!

I just started working out with my daughter-in-law, who is doing what she calls the 9-month shred!.. She gave birth to my grandson 3 months ago, caesarean. She is wanting to lose the weight and get fit. I think working out with her will give me a lot of incentive. I don't want to let her down. Exercise has been my weak point since I started, but now I think I'll be able to stick to it. Excited about the coming week. I think I'll be able to lose more than the 1/2 pound a week I've been losing.

Let's have a great week!
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I cant believe this is almost over thats crazy went by soo fast. My goals for this last week are lots and lots of water, no drinking! and only veggies fruit and chicken. I would love to get a really good number for my last day!
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I cant believe this is almost over thats crazy went by soo fast. My goals for this last week are lots and lots of water, no drinking! and only veggies fruit and chicken. I would love to get a really good number for my last day!

Agreed, went by so fast. My plan is 2 part.

First...get obsessed, tricep dips while commercials are on, 20 push ups before getting into bed, taking stairs whenever possible, dropping things on the floor at work just so I can get a squat in...ok that may be pushing it. Lots of veggies and fruit.

Second...I'm going to try not to weigh myself daily. I read on here that it's better to weigh in once a week. We'll see if that helps.

My goal was for 5 pounds, I'm stuck on 2 so I've got my work cut out for me. But regardless it was a tough 4 weeks for me with Easter in there and it being tax season (I'm an accountant and there's lots of late night muning possiblities). So overall I beleive I'm way ahead.

Good luck on the home stretch everyone.

Cindy
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Ok weekend warriors! This is probably the hardest part of all that work all week long, then to throw it out the window come weekend cause of temptations of family, friends, spouses/partners. For me those are my largest sabotages. As beautiful as the weekend is, I am going to skip wineries with friends and stick to active outdoor activities and gardening.

Plan to stick to my green smoothies for breakfast through the weekend too! Hope to see you all on the other side this Monday with heads held up high, or at least within reason :)
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My plan isn't much different than it was when I started. I will be doing a 30-60 minute burn today and tomorrow is tournament practice in TKD so that might be 1-2 hours too. Then I'll take it easy until Monday. As for food I have been just having my protein shake and vitaimins + fruit to fill up on then tuna sandwich for lunch. I love that sandwich.

Just to help me keep at it without missing any bad food I usually splurge 1-2 times a week and enjoy a hearty supper.

I've also been taking some recipes from youtube for some added ideas.

this is what we are having for supper if anyone likes slow cooker recipes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_7F_qiHDzlY

That's my goal anyway. I'll shoot for 1-2 lbs lost. not quite my 10 pound goal but I've lost 3 lbs so far. 5 would be great.
  • Gracie430
    Options
    Here it is, Sunday afternoon. The last week of our challenge is going to be over in just a few days. I have not met my goal during this challenge, but I have lost. Hope this upcoming weigh-in shows even more weight lost. Thanks to everyone for posting and keeping me motivated. Hope everyone is as pleased with this group experience as I am.
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    three more days!
  • helliem63
    helliem63 Posts: 40
    Options

LOL! Of course!! We love our water at MFP!

I just started working out with my daughter-in-law, who is doing what she calls the 9-month shred!.. She gave birth to my grandson 3 months ago, caesarean. She is wanting to lose the weight and get fit. I think working out with her will give me a lot of incentive. I don't want to let her down. Exercise has been my weak point since I started, but now I think I'll be able to stick to it. Excited about the coming week. I think I'll be able to lose more than the 1/2 pound a week I've been losing.

Let's have a great week!
    Hi, good luck with working out with your daughter in law. I think it helps a lot. I work out on my bike at home as it's hard for me to go out. Like swimming but I am to tired to go late at night after a long day at work.
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I hope to get back on track. Last week was rough for me because I broke my glasses. which means I had constatnt headaches. Hopefully, my new ones will be ready today and I can get back to a normal routine of working out at least 5 days a week.
  • Gracie430
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow!! Is everyone excited? Hope it's been a good week for all.