Getting tired of a DVD?

Options
How long does it take for you to get tired of a fitness workout? After doing it a couple of times or does it take weeks/ months? How do you mix them to avoid getting bored of it?

I've been working out with DVDs for 3 months now, and a few of them have started to bore me. I don't bother with the ones which are now too easy for me (God knows they weren't at the beginning, lol).

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Try looking on you tube for something different and all free. There are all kinds of exercises from zumba to walking at home.

Hope you find something. I do get bored with the same ones after a few weeks so then I change them, but I always come back to theones I like best.
  • GregJourney
    GregJourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I constantly mix them up pulling them in and out of my rotation. It usually take me about 60 days to get tired of our. I usually do 5-6 workouts a week mixing up three dvds
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I vary it based on what I'm in the mood to do, how much of a challenge I want, which music or instructor I feel like dealing with. I've been collecting dvds since about 2002 and much more so since Fit Tv went away :( I have a good amount to pick from. But youtube is a great resource and a great way to try out different things for free.
  • beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've started going out for walks,so I do both, dvds and walking. I find the change helps having something else to do :)
  • Tiikerinraidat
    Tiikerinraidat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Also DVDs with premixes give more options :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    For me it just depends on the workout, the instructor, and what my goals are. If I get tired of one, I just leave it on the shelf for a while until it peaks my interest again. I have done programs like 30 day shred and T 25, but mostly just rotate my workouts around cardio and lifting.