Anyone doing the Colorado Trail?

Options
CDTman
CDTman Posts: 6 Member
I am starting the Colorado Trail next month, beginning in Waterton...and doing section hikes as time allows. Since I can't seem to ditch my career, the plan is to do 2-3 night sections, then return to the real world. Just wondering if anyone would want to tag along? Also curious if anyone as done the trek - any advice is great!

Replies

• cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love your goal! I hiked a portion of it over 2 days a few years back. Our original plan was to tackle a 14ker, but due to an avalanche we ended up on the Colorado Trail instead. It was no misfortune. The trail was absolutely beautiful. I wish I lived closer! Good luck and please post pictures!
  • yankee_grl
    Options
    I envy you. I have always said I wanted to do this on the Appalachian Trail. That work thing gets in the way of all my fun. Please post pics and share your adventures. Have fun!!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I have done a few sections but never a through hike.

That first section is a tough one... it is a long ways from the damn to your next water source.

I would like to try to bike-pack a few sections this year. Feel free to add me and post when you are going out. I am always up for a good hike.