Week 2 Goals

lizz2013
lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
This week we're focusing more on food and water, but keep the cardio and strength up! As the months go on we'll be getting more and more strict, with food AND exercise goals, but for now we'll do alternate weeks!

So, you've got to eat 35 portions of fruit and veg for the week! That's 5 a day so we should all be able to get there.

Also, you've got to drink 17.5 litres of water a week. Or 70 glasses! That is 10 glasses a day/ 2.5 litres.

And as a final push, keep under your calorie goals all week!

On Monday 15th I'll announce the winners so get busy :)

Replies

• MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    My diet is based on BMR and TDEE.....so I have my food diary pretty much set. My daily intake should never be below 1400 and an average of 1900 calories a day. I know this is scary to some people. I'll make sure to keep up on my fruit and vegetables! I don't believe in excess water so I will be keeping my intake at 8-9 glasses of liquid a day unless I'm really thirsty. A good goal for me is to keep the carbs and protein up as my muscles really need it for cardio/workouts. I want to lose fat not muscle!!! I want to be healthy and strong! :love:
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    I am currently doing a set meal program that is 2 shakes a day and then a low GI meal around 600 cals. then 1-2 days per week I am doing a cleanse (I am doing this through a presonal trainer). So there is now way I can do 5 servings of fruits a veggies a day. I do usually eat 1-2 cups of veggies with my meal though.

As far as water goes If I am only drinking 70 oz I am way below what my trainer wants of 1 oz per lb I weigh.
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Where do we log weigh in's. How often?
  • This may be a tough one for me. I hate plain water, but I am going to give it a try.
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    I have already missed two days of this challenge so I am going to pass on this one (the big reunion is nowover). I will focus on my daily activities, weights, runs and abs. I pretty much drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and pretty easy to do my vegetables and fruit too.

I love to read everyone's posts and their results, etc.!
  • lizz2013
    You log your weigh in results on the 'week 1 results' page. You can see it if you click on the group. There will be a list of the discussion boards. Week 2 I'll add another page and so on and so on :)
  • lizz2013
    So if you are on a special diet etc then just do your best with what you've got. If you miss a few days try to make it up during the rest of the week.

Remember to keep up the exercise and just think 'eat clean and healthy'

Good luck :)
  • PlantBasedGrace
    PlantBasedGrace Posts: 64 Member
    Gotta stock up on fruits and veggies! Anyone have favorites they'd like to share? I want to try something new!
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Week 1 Total Burn: 2759 calories
    Week 2
    04/06.....rest
    04/07.....rest
    04/08.....bike/circuit....59 min. 416 calories
  • afatwomanonamission
    afatwomanonamission Posts: 39 Member
    I'm a bit behind on this week; internet access at the office is just barely functional (and I'm so pooped, I didn't hop online first!) I already had a bit of an 'over' day, but not to worry - my goal will be to rock the rest of the week. :) I'm looking forward to the challenge - and I really MUST drink more water. x
  • lizz2013
    I'm a touch behind on the water front so today is going to be a very wet day! Any suggestions for next weeks goals? Should be exercise focused :)
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Any suggestions for next weeks goals? Should be exercise focused :)

Minutes exercised
    Calories burned per day
    Steps take (if people don't have a pedometer there is a great smartphone app called runtastic pedometer and it automatically uploads progress to MFP)