Can an overweight person can be small framed?

I was told that if you wrap your wrists around your fingers, it can tel you what bone structure you are.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/219938-how-to-know-your-body-frame/

I've always been a big girl for my age as a child. When I was a teen I was in the 230s about 235 I think. I use to be really chubby. Now I'm down to 196. I've always thought I was large-framed. I wrapped my fingers on my wrists and my fingers pretty much overlaps a little. I'm still a bit overweight and I'm 5'8" barefoot.
There's no way I'm small framed.

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Your frame is about how big your bones are, and that has absolutely nothing to do with your weight.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    what if you have short fingers? or long fingers?
  • I have long fingers.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    I"m 5'3", I have a very small body and frame. Most people think I'm 120, but I topped out at 150....that's about 20lbs over where I really need to be. MY BMI made me overweight, so yes--it is possible.
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Yup. I was overweight (am still overweight by Asian standards), I'm 5'10, and I have a small frame. Definitely possible. :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    for sure.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    When I was over 200, I was CONVINCED I had a large frame.

Now that I'm in the 120's through healthy diet without depriving myself, I KNOW that's not the case... I'm pretty small boned, actually.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    You can take measurements with a tape measure to try and determine your frame size. There are web sites you can plot the numbers into. That will be more accurate than the fingers around the wrist.