Shakeology Drinks

Options
Hey ya'll - today I purchased a single-cup blender so I could finally try out the chocolate Shakeology drinks that came with my Insanity kit. Not too bad. I added some frozen strawberries and 2% milk to it to try to help with the taste. I didn't want it to taste too much like a protein shake (bad after tastes)..... I ended up drinking only half of it. Its definitely an acquired taste.

Has anyone else tried it? Or different flavors? Or do you have any other meal replacement smoothies that you like that don't have that bad after taste to it?

Replies

• ndrec
    ndrec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    don't think of taste when drinking fruit/vegetable shakes with protein. my mindset is that those shakes are not food but medicine. i just take them without thinking of taste. you just have to do it.
    now i'm combining apples, bananas, spinach, carrots berries and protein. two shakes a day.
  • niknak1125
    niknak1125 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to know if there are any other alternatives to Shakeology...I don't want to spend that type of money. I do, however, need a good meal replacement because I often don't have time for breakfast.
  • ndrec
    Options
    there's really no such thing as replacement. and i don't buy that "i don't have time" argument any more because i used to live that way and know the mindset. you need 10 minutes or less to make an omlette with 1 tsp olive oil.
    if you want semi replacements, then make banana shakes with whey protein. whey protein is not that expensive - if you calculate the amount of eggs or tuna you would need to eat for the same amount of protein, whey protein or shakeology becomes a cheaper option.
    and yes, forget musli and corn flakes because those are rubbish full of sugar, some with even more than 0,5l coke. a good replacement is oatmill with fruits.
  • niknak1125
    niknak1125 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    excuse I'm sorry, but do you live in my house, shoes or anything...my mindset has nothing to do with the amount of things I do in a day! I never asked for your opinion on how you feel about meal replacements just for alternatives for Shakeology.
  • ndrec
    Options
    sorry, didn't mean to offend you, no hard feelings.
    And, I don't have any "feelings" about replacements, fact is you can't replace food with powder only.