NROLFW or TDEE?

Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I am so sorry for my noob questions! I just used the format for my caloric intake from the NROLFW and I came up with 1600 calories on non workout days and 1900 on workout days. According to scooby's calculator my TDEE with exercise is 2200. I want to reset my metabolism and not sure which caloric numbers to follow. Thanks so much!

Replies

• kiddoh
    kiddoh Posts: 1 Member
    Those are exactly the same numbers that I got on both of those calculations. I'm so glad you asked this question because I was wondering as well. I hope you (we) get a good answer.
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    For me they were too low, probably because I am over 35, so I would use scooby. You will get hungry. I use my fitbit cals. The first 4 weeks are at tdee which I had forgotten for the first 2 but changed to tdee for the past 2 weeks.

Not sure if it the answer you were after but that's what I do. I couldn't function on their ones...lol em2wl lover
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    I should have probably added I've been doing em2wl for over a year so I'm very comfortable with where my tdee is.
  • Lisa1971
    Thanks so much!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Personally, I would shoot for the higher TDEE calorie goal, simply because its better to be higher than lower. You can always adjust after a few weeks and see what happens.
    I have heard from many people who took the NROL4W goals and found they were too low
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,415 Member
    I'm having so much trouble hitting TDEE (2300) EVER that I'm just going to go with the NROL numbers (1550 and 1830) and see how I feel in a few weeks. It was taking me extreme effort to hit 2000 calories, and I was uncomfortable. If I feel hungrier in a few weeks, I'll reassess.
  • Lisa1971
    I'm having so much trouble hitting TDEE (2300) EVER that I'm just going to go with the NROL numbers (1550 and 1830) and see how I feel in a few weeks. It was taking me extreme effort to hit 2000 calories, and I was uncomfortable. If I feel hungrier in a few weeks, I'll reassess.

Keep me posted! Good luck!