Introduce Yourself!

Options
badtastebetty
badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
Hey Everyone,

Let us know who you are, what your goals are, and if you're comfortable, your stats.

Replies

• RebekahHamiltonn
    RebekahHamiltonn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I'll start tomorrow and I have a lot to lose so I'd love to do 30DS.
    Message me about it if you like? :)
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    My name is Tara. I've gained about 25 pounds since quitting my serving job for an office desk job, and I am looking to get back in shape. My goal weight is currently 150, and then I will go from there. I am going to San Francisco in June and would like to be close to my goal by that point.

My stats currently:
    Height: 5`3
    Weight: 168 (I started at 175 January 28th)
    Waist 33.0
    Hips 44.0
    Thighs 25.0
    Stomach 41.0
    Bust 41.0
    Arms 12.0
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Katy - I've gained weight after having a miscarrage and I want to lose it! I am getting married on the July 4th this year and hope to be 175 by then, and my goal is 150 by december

I am 5'11
    SW 214
    Cw 211.1
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been overweight for the last 18 years. I'm tired. Having a hard time losing weight even though I eat below my calories (most days) and I'm exercising more but the scale will not move. As Dr. Phil says 'Hows that working for you ?" We'll it's not!! I think the shred may help.

Ladies please add me and keep me accountable..fuss at me, send me messages, post something about me not participating..ANYTHING to hold me accountable!!!!!

Thanks for your support!

5'7"
    CW 245
    1st Goal Weight 190
    C jean size 18 W
    G jean size 14 Regular
    Age 43
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight forever and it is time to be healthy and happy, I also have to be a better role model for my children. I have started 30ds 3 times and keep quitting and I enjoyed it and don't know why I stopped. I really need to start and finish it. I agree with MsAnn07 I need to be held accountable and probably nagged but I will never complain. We can do this if we stick together.
  • RebekahHamiltonn
    RebekahHamiltonn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me too :)
    I'm the exact same, I need someone constantly messaging me and help keeping me on track and I'd do the same for them
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey guys :)

I am trying to tone up and for once in my life feel comfortable in my own skin :) I am not "overweight" but I am flabby. And the fact that I am not comfortable with my body is the reason I'm here.

My height is 5'3 and weight 152.9 pounds. My goal is to be at 130.

I am currently doing the 30 day shred, and am on level 2. I made it through the first level no problem--(although the first 3 days I was SO sore). IT GETS EASIER! My knee can't take level 2, but I am going to push through level 1 again during what should be my level 2. Level 2 is super hard so I am doing a mix of level one and as much of level 2 as I can get through.

I look forward to updates from everyone. It makes a HUGE difference having a group that has the same end goal that you can check in with and get some motivation from :) AND it's nice to have a page for results so you don't have to search around for them :)

If I can give a little bit of advice--
    I use 3 lb weights for most of the exercises, but for the chest flys you will want something a bit heavier. I use 5 lbs and find them to be just enough and will look at using 7 lbs. Anything smaller for the chest flys just doesn't feel like you're getting the benefits from them.
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am Vikki, I did the shred for 30 days straight in January and had awesome results..I used a group just like this to check in everyday.. I plan on starting over with level 1 Monday the 8th.....
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    Hi! I'm Andrea, and i'm SO glad i found this group! I am starting the 30 day shred tomorrow, and to say the least i'm nervous! I am horrible for keeping on track with things, but i'm hoping if I have other people doing it with me, and hopefully giving me hell for not doing it when I should, that i'll keep more on track.
    My goal is to do Shred every morning, Zumba every night ( or every other night, depending on my pain level as I have a back injury that tends to act up ) but a minimum of 3 times a week at least. I have big goals, but big goals mean big results, and I hope to be comfortable with my body by my vacation in the summer!
  • Hummingheart
    Options
    Hi all!! I'm so glad I found this group! I started the 30 Day Shred by accident today, while Googling Jillian Michaels and looking for some Youtube videos to work out with. I'm listening to her audio book, Slim for Life - (http://www.amazon.ca/Slim-Life-Insider-Secrets-Lasting/dp/038534922X) and it is motivating me. It's hard to eat chips on your couch while listening to a super fit person talk at you, ha!

I'm not overweight, just a bit flabby in the belly region and feeling very lethargic after a loooong winter of "hibernation". I'm looking to tone up for the summer and just feel better!

My starting weight was 148 but I've lost about 5lbs "offline" in the last few weeks, so I'm at 143 and now I want to get down to ~130. I don't have any measurements but now I think I better get a cloth tape measure so I can keep track of my progress! Some of you guys seem to have this down to a science!
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    I'd be interested to listen to Jillian Michaels audiobook. I feel like she'd have a very no-nonsense approach, which I like.

Glad you guys have joined the party!
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Taylor :) I started the 30DS a couple of days ago, today will be my 4th day. It's nice to have other people to talk about exercise as it helps keep me on track, luckily I have a friend I'm doing it with which really helps :)
  • Julia6633
    Julia6633 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Julia. I'm starting 30DS today. I have tried in the past, but have never completed the entire 30 days. With summer approaching I feel like I should give it another try!
  • ToxicRainfall
    Options
    Hi, I'm Charlotte :) I'm the friend that TayaCurragh mentioned who is doing the 30DS with her :) As such, I'm also on the 4th day :) Finding it tough, but looking forward to seeing results!
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    Ladies, so glad you've joined the group!
  • Oddsocks15
    Oddsocks15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Emma from Oxford, UK.

Waiting delivery from Amazon for copy of 30DS, but can I join this group in preparation for when my copy arrives!

Not sure of my measurements, will get tape measure and scales out and report back!

Thanks
    Emma
  • katerbees
    katerbees Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! i'm Katie. I'm not overweight, but I am not toned at all and am very out of shape for myself.
    I'm a former athlete who has gained 30 pounds due to a foot injury, law school, and the bar exam. I've lost 14 pounds over the past 3.5 months through mostly diet, now i am looking to add some lean muscle mass and see where that takes me :)
    I also miss running soooooooo bad, and have been unable to do so for a year and a half. I am slowly working back into it.

CW-140
    GW-125 (or 130 if I looked super toned at that point and fit back into my pre-injury clothes)

Chest-36
    Waste-30
    Hips-39.5
    thighs-22
  • carmelgrace
    carmelgrace Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi i am 50 years old and am set to hike 67 miles over 11 days with boyscouts this July and so need to get in better shape. I took pictures and measurements and post when i can figure out how to do it! Have had Jillian's dvd for 3 years and haven't had the courage to start until i stumbbled on this group so I am excited to be here!
    Last night - first day was hard but loved it and looking forward to day two!
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    Hi i am 50 years old and am set to hike 67 miles over 11 days with boyscouts this July and so need to get in better shape. I took pictures and measurements and post when i can figure out how to do it! Have had Jillian's dvd for 3 years and haven't had the courage to start until i stumbbled on this group so I am excited to be here!
    Last night - first day was hard but loved it and looking forward to day two!

I'm actually hoping this DVD helps me get in shape for some summer hiking as well. I have a friend who is getting into mountaineering and I'd love to be able to hold my own if I went with her.
  • jenzam82
    jenzam82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just decided today that I am going to start the 30DS tomorrow. I am motivated to get moving but it is spring and rainy and I have not had much luck getting outside to walk/jog/bicycle. I am going to do this! I am nervous because I know it is going to be hard but after I get through these 30 days, I will have so much confidence and that will keep me going.

SW: 210