Feedback needed please

Cincypsych
Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
Hello EM2WL friends,
I would LOVE some feedback from my diary from people who believe and follow this. I have been on MFP for about 8 weeks and am down 4 pounds, but have gone down almost 1 size in clothes. I am a little frustrated as i weighed in yesterday and was up a half pound. i just want to make sure i am doing this correctly as it is SUCH a shift for me. i am ok with slow, i dont have much to lose.
I started out at 1200, and not eating exercise calories back, got schooled on that and have worked to increase my net each week. I struggle with eating the right types of foods and maybe I drink too much alcohol! I work out 6 days a week and have added 3 days of strength training this week. RoadMap Dan recommends I eat 1900 per day. I wear Bodymedia and my average burn is 2250. My BMR is around 1400

Thanks for all of your support!

Replies

• wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Well, from what I saw within the last week you are too low on calories. Many days you were only around 1000-1200. One thing that you could do that might help is by recalculating your calories to include your activity. Put your activity level at moderate and then when you log your exercise change the calorie burn to 1. Doing it this way will give you a consistant calorie intake each day instead of having to be constantly watching the exercise calories. A 1/2 lb increase is not something to be freaking out about. It's water weight. You aren't eating enough to be gaining fat. The gain is probably because of the strength training you added. I went through that too. Apparently, higher workout intensity makes your muscles retain water. You should equalize once you been doing the strength training for a little longer.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Hey, I looked at your diary, first of all patience is key in everything.. 8 weeks is a drop in the bucket compared to long term success.. get off the scale every day.. .5 of a lb can be a glass of water you drank in the morning.. you need to learn to not look at scale weight as the only thing that matters, or this process will probably drive you to quit.

As far as your diary and calories, you calculated 1900 based on your activity level and your cut level right? But you aren't eating 1900 (or close to it) also do not add exercise calories as that will increase your count when that 1900 has your activity built into it already... so you would eat 1900 nothing more, nothing less. Too big of a deficit when not much to lose will just hurt your progress.
    So with that being said, onto your foods.. you know what is healthy for you and what isn't.. its all about moderation and what fits.. You need to increase your protein number (try to aim for your body weight) and just watch your sodium. I would take away from your carbs to increase your proteins, so more portions of meat, fish, etc etc.. And if possible stop adding sugar's to food.
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Thank you guys for your feedback. I feel like this week ( with the exception of Friday to Sunday as I was sick and didn't so much follow the plan) I did eat 1900 and ate pretty well. I know I need to give it all more time, but this shift in thinking is really difficult. On the other hand, this plan is easier to follow as I am eating so much!

I just don't want to be spinning my wheels.........

This week I will earnestly eat 1900, increase protein, increase water and increase strength training. We will see what happens!