Level 1

Options

Replies

• debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I found day 3 my knees hurt more, so I did very little bend and sometimes did plies type squat which was easier. You really can't do squats sometimes until you strengthen your knees and some people just can't period. I worked in an Ortho/P.Therapy office and saw how many times people hurt themselves not listening to their body.
    She's right,you can get stronger, but even if she has 400 pound people trying to do jumping jacks, other people can really get hurt and twist their knee, fall, etc. She gets a little overboard.

My arms ache but I need to find weights under 5, they are too heavy for some moves, too light for others.

It does feel good to finish though...purged. : )
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I finished L1 D2 today! legs are sore going up and down stairs! I'm a CCA and work running helping 6-8 clients a day too so i get lots of cardio in. I also strarted the 30 day squat challenge. I have 9 weeks before my partner gets back from training and I want to look great! Ive completelty changed my eating habits aswell! All healthy food. I did my research on 30DS and it looks like we will be loosing more INCHES not weight... i'm looking to lose both... help? suggestions?
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Did wanna do it today, but I did so I could come say I did!
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    Did wanna do it today, but I did so I could come say I did!

Good for you!
    Today was defiantly a hard day, but i'm glad i got through it!
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm so sore this morning, I'm dreading tonight's Day 3 work out!
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi, L1D5 complete. I upped my weights where I could. Might regret that tomorrow.

Is everyone planning on going straight through, no breaks? If so, I'll go with the group.
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I commented a few days ago saying that 'apparently' day 4 would be the easiest. I just finished D4, and, it still hurt.
    I have to admit, I only had 1 break, and the last section of cardio was much, much easier. But my arms and my calves really felt the toll today.
    I can see it's getting easier, just have to keep going!!!
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi, L1D5 complete. I upped my weights where I could. Might regret that tomorrow.

Is everyone planning on going straight through, no breaks? If so, I'll go with the group.

Planning on taking no breaks and going straight through :)
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm taking two days off (originally I thought I would take three) but I will still be doing some form of exercise (yoga or a fitness class)
  • kiekie
    Options

I've planned on taking one day off per week or level but I'm going to go on as long as I can before I take a day off because one day easily turns into two and then I'm sore all over again. That day might even be today, I'm SO sore!

Apparently Jillian recommends 2 day shred, 1 day cardio, 2 day shred. Rest days ARE important for repair and growth, especially when you're working the same muscles every day but the results some people have shared from going straight through are inspiring!

Do whatever you feel comfortable with but don't push through if you're risking injury. Some people actually see better results when they take more rest days as your body isn't under constant stress, the muscles can recover and grow and then you can put more effort into the next workout and progress.
  • kiekie
    Options
    I'm taking two days off (originally I thought I would take three) but I will still be doing some form of exercise (yoga or a fitness class)

Yes, forgot to mention that if I take a day off, I'll still do a yoga class or long walk.
  • estey89
    Options
    Starting day L1 D3 today, Is it just the fact that I have to go up/down a flight of stairs to get to the bathroom and to squat down to reach the toilet i have to brace myself because my thunder thighs are SO SORE!!! Ouch!

gonna do day 3 today, along with my day 3 30 days squat challenge, Im thinking yoga today would be good to help stretch out my legs.. maybe p90x yoga.

Yay for us sticking with it!
  • katerbees
    katerbees Posts: 11
    Options
    Did 2 hours of yoga and pilates this morning, planning on taking Sunday off for sure, but hoping to still complete days 4 and 5 tomorrow and Saturday :)
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Haven't done mine today yet, but I used my treadmill this morning and found my fitness has definitely improved! I've only been doing the 30DS for 6 days now but I managed to jog for longer without having to slow to walking :)

As for rest days, I'm planning on having 1 off per level, any more and I probably won't want to start it again!
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Day 4 complete.. Everyday I complete a day is my NSV!!!
  • kailexx
    Options
    day 5 done for me, half way through level 1! I'm definitely noticing endurance changes, not nearly stopping as much, hopefully in a couple days i won't be stopping at all!
  • estey89
    Options
    Great job Kailexx!

I'm on day 3 and am hoping i wont be have to do the few 5 seconds stops
    I hate her... but i love her!
  • kailexx
    Options
    Great job Kailexx!

Same here, when I take those breaks because i'm desperate for air and i hear her say no rests i just want to scream "BUT I'M DYING HERE JILLIAN, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!?" and then she's like you gotta work for the body and im just like ... you're right jillian. I <3 you. It's quite the love hate relationship.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great job Kailexx!

Same here, when I take those breaks because i'm desperate for air and i hear her say no rests i just want to scream "BUT I'M DYING HERE JILLIAN, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!?" and then she's like you gotta work for the body and im just like ... you're right jillian. I <3 you. It's quite the love hate relationship.

That dang cardio feels like someone is punching me in the side!! Can't breath bent over..ughhh but its much better!! I will not be broken...not by by Jillian M!!!!!!
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Week 1 is over for me! Level 1 Day 5 is complete.

Tomorrow I am doing a Body Weight and Kettle Ball 60 minute class (that's a rest day, right?) and then Sunday if I am up for it I will do some Yoga.

I finally got deeper into my squats! Lunges are getting better, but they still kill me.
    I'm noticing my body firming up, which is awesome.