Recipes

Options
Perhaps you could share a recipe you've found particularly tasty, and that uses only approved foods. I'll try to figure out how to make some of my recipes viewable over the next day or two. But, I'd also like to encourage you to check out this link:

http://www.firstcoastmd.com/pdfbin/free-hCG-diet-recipes.pdf

Remember, our approved foods list is very close, if not identical, to the hcg diet guidelines. Most of us are in Phase 1, so be careful to review the ingredients in these recipes, making sure you only use what you know is ok to use.

A final reminder, all of us have different calorie needs and are at varying stages of ketosis. What works for one, may not work for another. Let's all remember to show grace and kindness to each other and if you feel that someone's doing something wrong, send them a private message before calling them out publicly. There may be circumstances you are unaware of.

Replies

• WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Chicken Cakes (like crab cakes, but with chicken)

Chicken breast, shredded
    celery, chopped
    onion, chopped
    egg, beaten
    red pepper powder

Mix it all up, shape into patties, and cook in a non-stick skillet until brown on both sides and heated through. Serve over a bed of lettuce.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    Options
    Recently, there've been questions about how to enjoy plain Greek yogurt. I realize how *plain* it is, some have likened it to straight up sour cream. I don't care for sour cream (unless it's mixed into a casserole), so I don't know for sure if that's accurate. But, I've found there are several ways you can use this protein-packed food and enjoy it at the same time.

Mix equal parts plain greek yogurt with applesauce (no sugar added), add some vanilla extract and some cinnamon.

OR

Mix half cup plain greek yogurt with a handful of frozen berries (strawberries are my favorite) and blend them in the blender. Gives you instant sorbet! Like eating ice cream for breakfast.

OR

Use plain greek yogurt as the base of a smoothie. My son has been making smoothies for the past week or so with yogurt, apple cider, fresh fruit, and kale. They are delicious!

Since we can't eat potatoes right now, I'll skip saying you could apparently use it as a substitute for sour cream. But, maybe there's another food you're enjoying that fits within the protocol and greek yogurt features prominently? If so, please share!
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    Options
    Added a new recipe tonight, Meatballs in Tomato Sauce.

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
    Bionaturae - Organic Tomato Paste, 1 container (12 tbsp ea.) 120 30 0 6 60 18
    Home Canned - Tomatoes, 1 container (4 cups ea.) 180 63 0 8 0 36
    Organic - Ground Beef Grass Feed , 1 container (12 oz. cookeds ea.) 640 0 28 88 220 0
    Freshness - Yellow Onion, 0.25 onion (medium) 10 1 0 0 1 1
    Penzeys Spices - Tuscan Sunset Salt Free Italian Style Seasoning, 6 tsp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Simply Organic - Garlic Powder, 4 tsp (0.9g) 0 16 0 0 0 0
    Old London - Melba Toast- Wheat, 2 pieces (17g) 40 9 0 2 93 0
    Egg - Lg Organic Farm Fresh, 1 egg 70 0 5 6 71 0
    Whole Food - Organic 7" Celery Stalk, 1 stalk 6 1 0 0 0 0
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 1,066 120 33 110 445 55
    Per Serving: 178 20 6 18 74 9

Sorry for the jumbled mess, but I forgot to copy and paste before I entered it into the recipe section. It turned out really, really good.
  • rachelann831
    rachelann831 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • grneyez62
    grneyez62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the smoothie thing yet, but I think I need to expand. I've been on it for 2 months and need a treat! This sounds really good. Do I freeze my fresh strawberries or just fresh?

Thanks!