I'm sooo nervous!!

Options
AllNewMelanie
AllNewMelanie Posts: 47 Member
I am new to this program and I have upped my calories according to my TDEE-15% and I am very nervous.... I have lost 58# in the last 7 months and the last month all I have done is lost and regained, its very annoying. I workout 5-6x a week with HIIT and strength training but only eating 1200 calories on non workout days and 1500 (if I am lucky) on workout days. I have decided to focus on more protein and more calories and I hope this will work... I am so excited and nervous at the same time! Anyone have any tips for the newbie??

Replies

• SaffSaad
    SaffSaad Posts: 81
    Options
    I know exactly what you're going through it took me a while to adjust. Focus on lean protein and healthy fats like avocado,whole eggs, nuts/ nut butter, Olive Oil and Canola Oil. Oily fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines, mackerel and trout are full of omega-3 fatty acids. It will take some time for your body to adjust, be patient and trust the process. Best of luck
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to change things up. Give your body time about 10 days anytime you make a change then reassess if you need to. The body takes time to adjust so you may not see changes right away but soon enough you will. Also look up zig zagging calories this works too.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of your stats, but if you're highly active and only taking in 1500 on those days, assuming you bmr is anywhere between 1400-1600, and you don't eat back exercise calories you may need a reset instead of doing tdee-15%
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I am new to this program and I have upped my calories according to my TDEE-15% and I am very nervous.... I have lost 58# in the last 7 months and the last month all I have done is lost and regained, its very annoying. I workout 5-6x a week with HIIT and strength training but only eating 1200 calories on non workout days and 1500 (if I am lucky) on workout days. I have decided to focus on more protein and more calories and I hope this will work... I am so excited and nervous at the same time! Anyone have any tips for the newbie??

So your body's willingness to lose weight and fat is highly dependent an how much stress it's under.

Too much deficit stress, lower metabolism and remove the deficit.

Too much exercise stress, plateau performance and no more gains, turns in to spinning wheels good for only calorie burn, no body improvements (why exercise in that case, burning 500 or not eating 500, one is lot easier).

Is that real lifting you are doing?

Because HIIT, if actually done properly which the vast majority don't anyway, is actually a lifting type workout for cardio sport, would you follow a strength training day with another using the same muscles?
    Why or why not?

Does your HIIT and strength training use the same muscles, and follow back to back days?

As you've perhaps read the reason why HIIT can work if done right, hard effort followed by recovery, allows for another hard effort.
    That same principle applies to days of the week. Hard day followed by easy day allows the hard day to actually be hard, and make max improvement.

The only way your body actually makes improvement from any exercise is the recovery, the repair, the rest.

If it doesn't get any, all you are giving it is stress.

Stress fights fat loss.

Big tip, reread the stickies, because if you think 1200 on non-exercise days and 1500 on exercise days is correct, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the program.
    You'll keep shooting your body in the metabolism until you remedy that.