Couldn't do W8D3

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
Yesterday I tried to do my final (before 5K) workout. I went to the high school track and it was very hot. I was only able to run about 1/2 a mile. :( I was a little bummed, but I finished 3 miles walking. And I was really red. I probably should have skipped it or picked a different track with trees.

I know I can do 5K, so I'll just keep working on moving it outside. I have some time....(first race is July). This is the first run I haven't completed in one try since Week 4.

Replies

• kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It is Totally ok to have an "off day". Take a day or two off, and try again.

Just don't do what I used to. If I had a "bad" run, I would get frustrated and try again the very next day....so I'd be tired and unlikely to get through it....so even more frustrated, I'd try again the NEXT day....and so on. :)

Good for you for getting through so much of it without repeats. That's AWESOME!
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    You'll get it! Sounds like you are keeping positive. Keep at it and imagine all the fun you'll have at 5ks!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Some days are just like that. You'll get it next time.

cause you know, there WILL be a next time. Because you are capable of it now. And that's a HUGE accomplishment.