Week 2!! (Day 8 - Day 14)

Options
IamSheaMc
IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
Day 8 ((CARDIO POWER & RESISTANCE))

Yay! you have survived week 1 and now it's time to conquer week 2.
Push hard & dig deep as the next Fit Test and weigh in is only a week from now (Monday).

Keep Logging :glasses: :wink:

Replies

• kgolden04
    Options
    Week 2 Day 8 - Cardio Power and Resistance

Can't believe we survived week 1! I already noticed a big difference in my power jumps in this one - I'm still doing way fewer reps than they are, but I can jump a lot higher.
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So excited my husband and I made it through all of Week 1 :) Baby steps is the key for us.

I'll be doing Cardio Power & Resistance tonight, and I don't know why, but this one is probably the hardest for me. But I can already feel and see a difference in my body so I am ready to Dig Deeper!!!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! I also can't believe we made it through week one! I will be doing my workout when I get home. I had school and now I'm doing some volunteering all day. I'm excited to do this workout again but at the same time I'm not seeing as though my hip flexor is still bothering me but I'm going to dig deep and work it out! Good job everyone for sticking with your workouts!
  • beecee13
    beecee13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 8! At the beginning of the workout, I was a little slow to start with the warm-up...my body definitely realized I had taken a rest day yesterday. As the workout went on I felt great though and was definitely able to push through a lot more than the first time I did Cardio Power last week. I'm still so amazed at how fast the changes in my endurance are happening. Those triceps dips are still a killer though...at least I figured out how to do them now :P

On a side note, I was so happy when I woke up this morning because it was the first time since starting Insanity that my calves weren't even a little bit sore. I guess the rest day yesterday did the trick!

Keep up the great work everyone!! We are killing it!!!
  • danele85
    danele85 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well thank god that is over. I think the day off yesterday made it slightly more difficult today to get motivated. But I done it. I think i was better than last week, felt like I got through more of it. Still can't do the moving push ups so just do regular ones till I can progress to the moving ones.

Arms are rather shakey right now.

Week 2 has started lets kick some!!!
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options
    I agree with both of you. I was slacking in the warm-up. I had to give myself a peep talk. I feel I did better this time around because I did the tricep dips (not as much as them), I did more of the moving push-ups. Still haven't quite got down the foot movement but I did my best. All around I did more reps of everything. I couldn't jump as high for the suicide jumps but hopefully next time because I really enjoyed jumping in Turbofire. Day 8 complete! Yay us! We're doing it!
  • xxowenscharxx
    xxowenscharxx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 days behind all of you guys, but loving the program! It seems to be all I think about lol I really look forward to it!
    I had my weigh-in today and lost 3.75lbs during my first week of Insanity! Very very pleased, and my strength is definitely improving a huge amount! Keep going everyone!! :) x
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Aww ya'll are doing it! :flowerforyou: Keep it up!. Yesterday when I did my workout my heart was busting through my chest, water break was deff my favorite part lol

...............................................Day 9!!! (((PURE CARDIO))) Lets go!................................................................
  • Daytonsmommy
    Options
    I have to be honest, I am NOT looking forward to Pure Cardio tonight. But I am looking forward to the results if I stick with it :smile:

I hate how in the beginning even Shaun T talks about being nervous...it makes my heart rate spike just a bit :wink:

Good luck today everyone! 9 days down!!!
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options
    Yeah he made me nervous about it to the first time we did it. Now I'm not nervous at all. I look forward to it tonight when I get home. Ahh, another day I'll have to do my workout late. The good thing is it'll get done. Day 9 lets get it!
  • beecee13
    Options
    Just finished the workout and man do I love it! I really appreciate the fact that it isn't repetitive like all the other workouts so far. It works you hard and it's motivating in a weird way to see everyone in the video struggling with it too. Kind of excited/scared to have to do this with the abs workout later in the week!

Great job everyone...we're almost half way through week 2!!
  • danele85
    danele85 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well I struggled tonight, the sweat was pouring off me - I can only hope thats because I dug deeper!!!

Has anyone peeped at this weeks plan? There's 2 workouts on Sat - our first real ab work out, which I'm actually really looking forward too!!!

Can't believe day 9 is down, I think this is the first programme I've actually been able to stick too. The workouts are never boring as I'm still not able to get through them all the way which is making it more interesting,

Well done everyone - see you tomorrow for more insanity!!!!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Pure cardio is no joke, I hope everyone got it done!
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options
    I did good on Pure Cardio today. Do I feel I could've did more? Yes. I really have to work on pushing myself through the pain. I know it's only temporary. I did notice I was able to do more push-up jacks than the first time. I don't know why I thought we had recovery tomorrow... :huh: but I set myself up for that. I looked at the calender like oh nope we have plyo. I don't know why it feels like we just did that.. Anyways cheers to Day 9 and lets rock Day 10! :drinker:
  • Daytonsmommy
    Options
    :smile: Completed Day 9 yesterday even though I was exhausted and had a bit of a headache when I started. I felt really accomplished afterwards though, because I normally would've used that as an excuse.

Plyo tonight, then a much needed recovery tomorrow
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 8 - Cardio Power and Resistance complete. I can do more power jumps but can't do the moving push-ups. I just do regular push-ups on my knees. I feel great though!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Good job on getting it done yesterday!, but now it's time for

Day 10!! (((PLYOMETRIC CARDIO CIRCUIT)))

5 days till fit test and weigh in so dig deep!
  • Mixer_2012
    Mixer_2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 8 - Cardio Power and Resistance complete. I can do more power jumps but can't do the moving push-ups. I just do regular push-ups on my knees. I feel great though!

I guess you and I are on the same schedule. I completed Cardio Power and Resistance last night,also. It is amazing I can do more power jumps - still working on the push ups. I can do them on my knees - which in my opinion is better than nothing. :-)
  • Mixer_2012
    Mixer_2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cardio Power and Resistance in the bag. Much better than last week! Something to celebrate! Yeah!
  • beecee13
    Options
    Day 10 Plyo Cardio Circuit DONE! I'm glad my body is adapting and these workouts are getting easier. It allows me to push harder and get an overall better workout. Took far less breaks than the last few workouts so that's great too!

Good luck with your workout today everyone...keep pushing!!!