clean eating friends

Options
Hi! my name is Katie. I am new to the group. Friday I plan to go gorcery shopping to eat cleaner. I began my weight loss journey in 1996 weighing 250 pounds and a size 26W. I am currently 177 pounds and a size 14/16 on bottom and a medium on top. I want to eat healthy and finish losing this weight. I am new to the clean eating routine would love clean eaters who would help mentor me and give me new ideas for eating

Replies

• tnq1019
    tnq1019 Posts: 65
    Options
    me me ..download instagram that is where i et tons of quick and easy ideas for clean foods my favorite is hellohealthy she really kicked me into gear with my clean eating and i dont feel like i am missing out on anything i eat so much and its all healthy low calorie and filling and i stay on my 1200 cal budget i love vegetables before i was all about fast food bread and cheese now i make all my own foods u can read my food log for some ideas but deff check out instagrams theres so many good ideas on there
  • rachelamedley5
    rachelamedley5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yep i agree i have become vegetarian and feel a lot better for it , i have parmesan now and again but i mainly eat stirfrys, curries, chilli, veggie shepherds pie with cauliflower mash bean burgers and casseroles. i make all my food on a sunday and then freeze it for the week i eat salad of one kind or another every day and have found a smoothie in the morning is a great way to start the day. i avoid fruit as it just has too many carbs but will add it in when i get to 140lbs and can stay there, i found the local library good and i bought a couple of books at the second hand store i use a lot of herbs but i like to look at the pictures. eating clean isnt that hard you just have to be organised dont have junk in the house because you will eat it. i have a rule that i only eat unhealthy food if i am out for a birthday dinner and that works for me, good luck
  • stades
    stades Posts: 3
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm new too. Usually for me, with clean eating, it's all or nothing. I have a hard time finding a balance. Over the past few years I have eliminated so many foods that there were hardly anything left. Then it becomes hard to stick it.
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well! I'm new to cleanER eating as well and would love to share experiences too!
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm very new to clean eating though I've known about it for some time. What took me so long?!

I'm still transitioning non-clean items out of my pantry...
  • wtxhale
    wtxhale Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group. I have started Clean Eating; however, I am only at about 70-80% clean but I am working on it. I still have some guilty pleasures. I have to plan better in order to achieve weight loss. I am looking forward to getting and sharing ideas and recipes.
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've been at this "clean eating" thing since high school (I'm 48 now). I'm not fanatical, but I try to make the best choices (when I have a choice). Even my junk food is usually organic...did you know Publix sells organic ice cream and cookies?

Feel free (anyone) to add me. My diary is open..although I've dropped the ball the last two days on logging my food.

Congratulations to everyone for making the decision to get some of the junk out of your diet. You're gonna love the way you feel...I guarantee it! :flowerforyou: