Monday April 8th - and a question

Options
tresmommy86
tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
Everything is going good today. I'm a little sluggish because of the running around all day and being out all night on the weekends and I get a lot less sleep. But I didn't go over my calories. I was so afraid of going over, I hardly ate anything.

Just a quick question: Are peanuts considered junk food? Now my package did come from the vending machine, but I only ate a handful and put the rest away. These are just plain salted roasted nuts. They helped me out of my slump for a bit. Junk or no?

Replies

• mariaseychelles
    mariaseychelles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    u didnt eat a whole lot.so i would consider it ok as long as its not too much.
  • DeneezV
    DeneezV Posts: 6
    Options
    I think of junk food as anything that is not naturally grown. Processed foods. In my new healthy eating lifestyle, I try hard to stay away from or limit any processed foods. With this challenge, I am completely given up processed foods... except for my fat free salad dressing.
    There are some naturally grown foods that I eat in moderation.. like nuts... I love them, but always try to insure I stay within my daily calorie limits. You're doing great! Nuts are the perfect protein for a pick-me-up!

We'll make through these 21 days together, and feel wonderful!
  • mariaseychelles
    mariaseychelles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    if u could get unsalted ones the better:)
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I logged what I ate and gave them away. I'm going to look for natural, unsalted. I'll dry roasted them myself in the oven. That's what I do to natural almonds. I'm not fan of just eating natural almonds as they are. I put them in the over for about 10mins to roast them.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I eat raw almond and natural unsalted peanuts. I think these are good. Read the nutritional panel and stay away from added salt and oil! Dry roasted is good!