Bag End to Rivendell (397 Miles)

Options

Replies

• Nyingje
    Nyingje Posts: 13
    Options
    I injured my foot and ankle not long ago. I am still walking with a cane but at least I am walking again. I am able to do three miles a day again, but it is a slow recovery.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    About two months in and about 232 miles covered. Rivendell is getting closer...
    I'm going to try to get there before July 1st so I can be on track to reach the Lonely Mountain by the end of summer.
  • tmlandgraf
    tmlandgraf Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This seems to be taking forever since my foot is still healing from my stress fracture.....ack!!!!

06/06/2013 = Day 13 complete - Road continues east-southeast. Meet a traveller who hurries by. Camp. Marshes to the north are now closer to the road.

Total of 138.56 miles down...........only 260.44 to go......ugh
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    06/17/2013 = Day 14 complete - Continue east-southeast at a comfortable pace. Weather nice. Road curves more to the east. Marshes fill all the northern horizon. Camp due south of the Midgewater Marshes.

Total of 154.4miles down...........only 244.6 to go......ugh
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm only 8 miles from Bree. Soon I'll be staying at the Prancing Pony.
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've recently started walking to Rivendell with the folks headed to Mordor, seems there's more of you headed to the Lonely Mountain so I'll join you if I may?

I'm on mile 28.5. Gobble-in count:: 7 ( http://tinyurl.com/ShireWalkblog )
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    06/24/23: Day 15 done - Continue east at a comfortable pace. Road continues east around southern edge of the Marshes. Camp south of the road, away from the marshes.
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 32 BLACK RIDER! Hide!
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 40 Saw 2 conies this week.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    06/30/13: Day 16 completed - Continue east on the Road. Road now turns slightly more to the north. Reach the southeast tip of the Midgewater Marshes. Camp.
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 46-Camp - Woody End. A green floor in the wood, roofed by boughs of trees. To the east a steep shoulder falls, and they can overlook the river valley. The lights of the village of Woodhall seen below
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    07/02/13: Day 17 done - 181.59 miles = Road turns more to the northeast. Slowly begins to climb uphill. Weathertop is visible ahead, with the Weather Hills to its north. Camp. Open, rough lands on both sides of the road. Weather pleasant.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    Finally at Rivendell! It's taken 12 weeks and 2 days but I'm here! Now I'm off to the Lonely Mountain
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    07/08/13: Day 18 done - 195.28 miles = Continue northeast on the Road at a comfortable pace. Land now slopes slowly uphill toward Weathertop. Weathertop rises more clearly ahead. Camp.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    07/11/13: Day 19 done - 201.78 miles = Road continues northeast, rising slowly. Weathertop looms ahead and fills all the view. Weathertop rises immediately north of the Road. Camp at its foot.
  • 52golfnut
    52golfnut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I really like this group - got started late, but I have been keeping track - can't walk very far or fast yet as I'm on oxygen for awhile longer - to date I've got 36 miles.
  • byrdiebee
    Options
    Mile 60- Nice to see so much progress by you all.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    07/16/13: Day 20 done - 213.77 miles = Road continues northeast past Weathertop. Road reaches southeastern foot of Weathertop. Come to the last foothill below Weathertop. Camp at its foot.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    07/21/13: Day 21 done - 223.18 miles = Continue northeast on road, dropping slowly into the 'Lone-lands'. Road worsens. South of the road are more rugged areas, covered with thickets. Camp. Weather still is warm and clear.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    07/25/13: Day 22 done - 232.85 miles = Road still runs northeast. Weathertop is still visible straight behind. Camp.