Intro...

Options
our_ayley
our_ayley Posts: 66 Member
Hi guys,

I'm Hayley - hope you don't mind that I've joined your group but I'm starting Dukan today and could do with some tips, support and of course success stories if you have any?!

I'm from Nottinghamshire in the UK (home to Robin Hood, of course) and I've done the diet before but only half-heartedly. I lost weight quickly though and as a sufferer of IBS I know from experience that low-carb diets are better for me from a health perspective hence why I think Dukan is a good fit. My starting weight is 190lbs and my goal weight is around 150lbs and I'm 5"8.

My main challenge is finding lunch ideas that are suitable for work so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to throw them in this direction! I'm a creature of convenience rather than habit so I don't mind things being repetitive so long as they're easy and practical!

Anyway, I'll shut up my rattle now and will await some responses!

xx

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I adapted the Dukan Lifestyle on 12/31/11 and have been on it ever since... I lost weight within a couple of days of the timeline so stick with it!

My favorite lunches are grilled fish (client lunches) or a couple of hard boiled eggs or a grilled chicken breast. I love fage 0% greek yogurt. The biggest adjustment is the attack days, but the good news is that attack is the shortest stage and only lasts a few days.

In Texas, one of our grocery stores deli has fresh roasted turkey breast you can have sliced to about 1/4 of an inch. It is a great way to eat protein and I plan to eat more turkey like this.
  • our_ayley
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply :)

Luckily I do love fish and chicken/turkey so hopefully shouldn't be too difficult to keep on track, it's more just a way of finding office friendly foods without letting my co-workers catch on that I'm dieting haha.

How much weight have you lost on the diet so far?

I was looking at Greek yoghurt and was surprised to see how much carbs were in it - either I'm looking at the wrong kind or perhaps my serving sizes would be wrong?

Thanks again for your help :) x
  • our_ayley
    Options
    One other question... do you continue to calorie count on Dukan? MFP projects I should only be eating 1200 cals a day in order to lose 2lbs a week. Will this remain the same?
  • linzkidder
    linzkidder Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the fun! You do not have to count your calories, I have a tendency to not eat enough on the diet, I track mine just to make sure I am really taking in enough food. In theory if you don't eat enough the weight loss can slow down. My first few weeks I would hit huge walls and I really do think it was because I wasn't eating very much at all. I have found some great recipes i track them all here http://pinterest.com/linzkidder/dukan/. I find that the more effort I put into my meals and the more variety I give myself the more successful I am.
  • sophiee00
    Options
    Hi,

I am from London and I have been doing the Dukan diet since February and I have lost 8kgs (around 16 Lbs), I am still on the cruise phase because I need to lose more.
    If you need any tips, don't hesitate to ask.

At first, I didn't want anyone in the office to know that I was on a diet and I would look stupid having just proteins for my lunch but actually now I don't hide any more, people understand and they sometimes try to help.
    For your lunch, you could have an oat bran galette with some tuna or ham, there are some great recipes on this site: http://mydukandiet.com/ and check the real website: http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/ They also have some recipes you can access without being a member.

Good luck.
  • our_ayley
    Options
    I've come back from holiday now so I can definitely get started with dukan now! Thanks for the links guys - I'm off work today so going to make my lunch plans in advance for work using some of the recipes you linked me too.

Will keep you updated on my progress :-)
  • our_ayley
    Options
    Day 2 completed successfully (or at least I hope so!) if anyone is able to look through my food diary and give any tips that'd be great!

Also is it normal to feel so burpy at this stage? Got some right stinky burps happening haha.

Hopefully will see a loss tomorrow :-)
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I found it easier to follow Dukan at work than when I am home on the weekends. On the pure protein days I have smoked salmon, or tuna with fat-free joghurt or fat-free cottage cheese, boiled eggs or omlettes, steamed fish, smoked fish, chicken strips with some sort of dukan-approved dip, surimi sticks, tuna patties, turkey patties...list goes on. google dukan recipes and you will get plenty of ideas.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I agree it is amazing how little you eat if you don't watch out - seriously, I eat a lot of days "cruise" instead of stabilization and it is really important for me to log just to make sure I get enough calories.
  • our_ayley
    Options
    I totally agree! Following the diet during the week is easier because I'm in a routine due to work. I'm hoping I can stick to it this weekend, though we shall have to see!

Thanks for your help though guys - I'm on day 5 of attack today and I've so far lost around 7lbs so I'm pleased with that :)

How long did you stay on this phase for and what were your results like?