Sugar Free Popsicles?!

Options
The post says no ice cream. What about sugar free pops? Just curious lol. They have no calories, no sugar, just 30g sodium. May be a helpful alternative for those still fighting a sweet tooth. Thoughts!?

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Ok I just read a recipe today that I'm so going to try. 1 or 2 frozen bananas mix it up in your blender and add about 1 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk and voila healthy ice cream. Just found a cool website with lots of clean low cal foods...

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

This is where I got the recipe from! I'm very tempted to try it. There was mention of healthy toppings too (yum!)
  • debk68
    debk68 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I still eat the "fake sugars" but I am trying to limit them. Fake sugars are essentially chemicals that you are putting into your body. They say that the fake sugars are actually worse for you than the real thing. Jillian Michaels talks about it in her new book and I have seen some other people discuss this as well. I would be wary of any ingredient you cannot pronounce and educate yourself.

As for the challenge in my opinion they are ok. but I think the idea is to avoid sweets even foods that are fake sweet to get our bodies used to not having sweets.

Carlsoda- make sure you blend for at least 5 minutes (it seems like forever)'

Just my thoughts. This is definitely harder than I thought it would be. Today I put choc chips in my oatmeal and didn't think about the fact that they are number 1 on the No Junk Food list !

DUH!
  • mariaseychelles
    mariaseychelles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ok I just read a recipe today that I'm so going to try. 1 or 2 frozen bananas mix it up in your blender and add about 1 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk and voila healthy ice cream. Just found a cool website with lots of clean low cal foods...

This is where I got the recipe from! I'm very tempted to try it. There was mention of healthy toppings too (yum!)
    THAT SOUNDS DIVINE:))
  • mariaseychelles
    mariaseychelles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    http://www.ehow.com/list_6003007_sugar_free-pop-_amp_-health-dangers.html. i think they r not good.maybe u can make ur own by blending fruits?
  • DeneezV
    DeneezV Posts: 6
    Options

It sounds like what you can do with the Yonana... I have one, and love it! The Yonana doesn't use any milk, usually you use frozen banana's to make it creamy smooth. I've added in all other fruits that I have frozen, strawberries raspberries, pineapple, I make up a whole batch and put them in small containers and store in the freezer. Easy to pop one out and enjoy when I'm having an ice cream craving. If you really like frozen treats, the yonana is worth the money. I have also seen where people have said they can do the same with a blender... might be worth a google search so can learn from what they have discovered.

Hmm.. think I'll get one from the freezer now. :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

It sounds like what you can do with the Yonana... I have one, and love it! The Yonana doesn't use any milk, usually you use frozen banana's to make it creamy smooth. I've added in all other fruits that I have frozen, strawberries raspberries, pineapple, I make up a whole batch and put them in small containers and store in the freezer. Easy to pop one out and enjoy when I'm having an ice cream craving. If you really like frozen treats, the yonana is worth the money. I have also seen where people have said they can do the same with a blender... might be worth a google search so can learn from what they have discovered.

Hmm.. think I'll get one from the freezer now. :)

Just read about Yonana's - very cool I had never heard of this before. I have a hand held mixer and it worked very well, but this gave me ideas for other flavor possibilities! Thanks!!
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    ChristinaLeeConway Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Today was a coworkers birthday, and they brought in cake. I was served a piece and was only going to have a small bite, before remembering that I am doing this challenge. Soooo...no cake for me. Proud to say no.
  • DeneezV
    DeneezV Posts: 6
    Options
    Today was a coworkers birthday, and they brought in cake. I was served a piece and was only going to have a small bite, before remembering that I am doing this challenge. Soooo...no cake for me. Proud to say no.

That's great! So very proud of you! We can all do this together!