How many times a week do you do Bikram?

Options
uberkrafty
uberkrafty Posts: 38 Member
I've been practicing for about 2.5 years now and I'm currently doing Bikram 3x a week.

Replies

• vick441
    vick441 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    3/week would be a minimum, trying to do 3-5 classes a week. As Bikram says with 3/week you don't move much forward, you just maintain it static where ever you are
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    2-3 times per week, but I also go to kettlebell classes 3 times per week. I find they complement each other.
  • Oaeneo
    Oaeneo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Once a week, but I wish I could afford to go more. I think I would go everyday if I could.
  • vick441
    vick441 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Once a week, but I wish I could afford to go more. I think I would go everyday if I could.

If you're talking class fees, casual or visit pass is normally quite dearer than 3/6/12 months pass per visit ... Most of the studios give free practice in exchange for doing cleaning duties
  • taureanbuddhist
    taureanbuddhist Posts: 39 Member
    Options

If you're talking class fees, casual or visit pass is normally quite dearer than 3/6/12 months pass per visit ... Most of the studios give free practice in exchange for doing cleaning duties
    I agree with this. The interns at our studio volunteer for a couple of hours once a week and get free classes...might be worth looking in to :)

I go to 3-5 classes a week and average 4 or 5. I also teach 1-3 classes a week.
  • jacksonsoxfan
    jacksonsoxfan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try to go 3 times a week. I'd go more, but it's just a lot of time out of my week by the time I get to the studio, do the class, shower and drive home. I do love it though.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with bikram and shooting for 5x a week. :smile:

i'm curious is anyone alternating this with lifting/weights/circuit training?
  • GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in my first month. I was addicted right from the start and going 6 days a week until I started retaining a lot of water. I now go 3-4 times a week.
  • Eleanor8080
    Options
    I just started Bikram a month ago and have been going about twice a week. Starting this week, I'm aiming for three times. I love Bikram, but I have a hard time working around the class schedule.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third month of Bikram and am currently going 5x a week at 6 am.......