I did it!

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
When I posted my status to Facebook, I didn't even read what it said:

"I AM OFFICIALLY A #C25K GRADUATE! Thank you @c25kfree! Running for a cause with @BCRFcure! At the peak of my #health!"

I graduated! I not only finished the W8D3 run, I completed the 5K. Mine took much longer than 30 minutes (double that!) but I ran! For 3.1 miles. Honestly, I didn't think I would finish the first 10 minutes. But I kept on pushing.

Thanks for all your encouragement!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You did it indeed. I'm so happy for you! And yes, the first 10 minutes are always the hardest. Always. So, what are you going to do next?
  • fitfunk
    fitfunk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing!! Great job!
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    It actually says that? CONGRATS! I look forward to seeing that!
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When I posted my status to Facebook, I didn't even read what it said:

"I AM OFFICIALLY A #C25K GRADUATE! Thank you @c25kfree! Running for a cause with @BCRFcure! At the peak of my #health!"

I graduated! I not only finished the W8D3 run, I completed the 5K. Mine took much longer than 30 minutes (double that!) but I ran! For 3.1 miles. Honestly, I didn't think I would finish the first 10 minutes. But I kept on pushing.

Thanks for all your encouragement!

amazing awesome feeling aint it?
    im still getting excited for running 5mins non stop...
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Yes, the first 10 ARE the worst...for most sports. I didn't notice it when I was younger, but now I do. Gotta get through that warm-up time.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are a pro at this! You did great throughout the program.
    I agree....the first 10 or so minutes are the hardest. I suppose the body is getting used to all the changes in breathing, circulation, etc and it takes that time to adjust. No matter. You did GREAT!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You did it indeed. I'm so happy for you! And yes, the first 10 minutes are always the hardest. Always. So, what are you going to do next?

I'm going to work on getting faster. (It still takes most of an hour to run my 3 miles.) And I'm going to work on running outside. I'll probably try to do at least one run a week (Saturday?) outside. Also, I want to work on increasing my distance. If I can run 4 or 5 miles, then I have a better chance of completing my 5K race.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    congrats Julie! Well done on your first graduation :). As you said, next is to work on your speed/endurance. That's grad #2. Then when you run your first 5K race, where there's other people and you're all actually running/jogging the ENTIRE thing.. well then you have to start working on your 10K running, right? LOL

I am a bit jealous.. that you've finished C25K already. I wish I could say that. In another 5 weeks I will be able to say it and then I can be as happy as you!