Just have to vent..

janahcarter
janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
I am on W3D1 and I only went 1.39 miles. W1D2 I went 1.61 miles. What is up? I am running on the same freaking dirt road I have been this whole time. I am so competitive with myself. I ran my first 5k last September in 56 minutes and I feel like it's going to take me that long or longer for my second 5k next month. I'm just having a bad day, I guess.

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    We all have bad days. Don't let it get it get you down too much. Bounce back and make the next run great!
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    The distance between two weeks really isn't comparable. Don't worry about the distance at this point, just keep building endurance. If possible, disable the GPS in your program. Yes, you'll still have a vague idea of jhow far you went but it won't be so "in your face".
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    I'm not even thinking about speed right now just endurance.
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    I think you are like me, I like slow and steady progress. Running just isn't that way, I guess. I am having a bad running week but that just means next week will be great. Off then on this whole time. (I finished C25K a few weeks back). just like the hills we tackle in running, just tackle this valley with determination. It will pay off! :flowerforyou:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    You are going to have bad running days. Every runner has them. Days where you don't want to run, where your body aches, and your head is all stuffy. The important thing is to get out there and keep going. Track your runs and analyze what it is that could have made you feel like that. Was it something you ate or drank the day before or that day that is making you not feel good?
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    I am on W3D1 and I only went 1.39 miles. W1D2 I went 1.61 miles. What is up? I am running on the same freaking dirt road I have been this whole time. I am so competitive with myself. I ran my first 5k last September in 56 minutes and I feel like it's going to take me that long or longer for my second 5k next month. I'm just having a bad day, I guess.

The same freaking dirt road could have been softer due to rain, harder due to cold or dryness, the air you breathed could have been warmer or cooler. You might have been at a different part of your cycle, the wind could have been against you instead of with you.

You still completed the session.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I slowed down over the first couple of weeks too. I was way faster by the end and am still dropping minutes off my time pretty regularly. Just focus on completing the program, speed with come with time. You won't even have to particularly work at it as long as you're logging miles.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    I notice mine varies also. Some days I walk/jog a whole lot faster and other days. Keep at it and don't give that a second thought!