Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I am so not ready for this race.

Me neither.

then get ready
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This morning's moonlight run followed by a crawl in cold wet grass of the ballfeild was not so much like a crawl through the mud but more like an event from one Spartan race i watched...

p1140679.jpg
    ICE CRAWL!!! Talk about shrinkage, hope there are hot tubs at the after party!

Is this part of it for realz?? Ugh! I'm such a whimp with coldness.

So I guess I'll also need to be wearing knee-pads, right?
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    This morning's moonlight run followed by a crawl in cold wet grass of the ballfeild was not so much like a crawl through the mud but more like an event from one Spartan race i watched...

p1140679.jpgICE CRAWL!!!  Talk about shrinkage, hope there are hot tubs at the after party!

I think I'm going to cry.

I know the hotel has a heated indoor pool...
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    25 days!!!! What have you done to get ready today???

SR-Facebook-2-Copy.jpg

I dragged myself out of bed at 4am to run... despite my body begging to go back into a warm bed
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    Ran again today... pushed my pace from the very start and finally got my 5k time back under 30 minutes... I know that is probably slow for most of you but that 28:40 is the best 5k time I have ran in 2 years. When I heard the little Nike + voice say it I raised my arms like Rocky at the top of the steps! LOL
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ran again today... pushed my pace from the very start and finally got my 5k time back under 30 minutes... I know that is probably slow for most of you but that 28:40 is the best 5k time I have ran in 2 years. When I heard the little Nike + voice say it I raised my arms like Rocky at the top of the steps! LOL

My best 5k time is something like 34 minutes and on a treadmill with no incline. So be proud, darlin'! That's awesome!!!
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    maxresdefaultx.jpg
    hillropeclimb.jpg

I hit the trail running again this weekend, ran up the side of the mountain (well ran, walked rested....) got to the top ran down and back up again. Any steeper and I would have needed
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    heavy20drinking.jpg
    Might need some of this training too for the after party....
  • yoovie
    Options
    lol
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am so not ready for this race.

Me neither.

There will be a group of us behind the rest of the pack of badasses!
  • yoovie
    Options
    thanks to anatomy and biology - it looks like Im going to be walking a lot, so... i hope those poor obstacles can handle me taking out my rage on them.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    thanks to anatomy and biology - it looks like Im going to be walking a lot, so... i hope those poor obstacles can handle me taking out my rage on them.

Because someone had the nerve to put hills on this ski slope...I'll probably be walking a lot too. Possibly smoking as well.
  • yoovie
    Options

Because someone had the nerve to put hills on this ski slope...I'll probably be walking a lot too. Possibly smoking as well.

In for rebellion.

I need a volunteer to make sure I don't play on the rope climb all day. just snap your fingers a couple times, use my call sign and rank or wave something shiny.
  • MudRunLvr
    Options

In for rebellion.

I need a volunteer to make sure I don't play on the rope climb all day. just snap your fingers a couple times, use my call sign and rank or wave something shiny.

NOT IT!

At WD I did the rope climb twice because I liked it so much. So don't look at me.

I'm really not concerned about time. I know I'm not going to set any records. I'm spending a lot on this race and I don't want it to go by so fast I don't get to enjoy it.

And...hills.
  • yoovie
    Options
    want to hang upside down
  • yoovie
    Options
    Im sad you cant come have a beer at my place on the friday :(
  • MudRunLvr
    Options

I'm sad you won't be with us, poolside at the hotel.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options

In for booze at the pool!
  • yoovie
    Options

cowboy-crying.gif