Do you hear that???

Options

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want to race at an earlier time. Really really a lot oh please oh please oh please.

I fully plan on running at our regular 1030a time. I had actually forgot that it wasn't our time.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    How do we find each other once we get there? Do they arrange where the heats meet at Registration?

i'll be the tall one. yoovie will be next to me. you'll notice her because the sun will be reflecting off her hair.

she used to look like starbuck, but now i think she's got a khaleesi thing going on.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want to race at an earlier time. Really really a lot oh please oh please oh please.

I fully plan on running at our regular 1030a time. I had actually forgot that it wasn't our time.
    This. If other's want to run later, fine, but I'm running as early as possible. Leaves more time for post race boozing. Also, while 86 isn't anything to worry about, it's also supposed to be humid, and running in muggy heat sucks *kitten*. No thanks. I'll be running in the AM.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

This. If other's want to run later, fine, but I'm running as early as possible. Leaves more time for post race boozing. Also, while 86 isn't anything to worry about, it's also supposed to be humid, and running in muggy heat sucks *kitten*. No thanks. I'll be running in the AM.

Is 10:30 the plan then? Sounds like a perfect time to me actually.
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    375159_10151377079501861_1448645480_n.jpg

I never even imagined crawling uphill in the mud.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    How do we find each other once we get there? Do they arrange where the heats meet at Registration?

i'll be the tall one. yoovie will be next to me. you'll notice her because the sun will be reflecting off her hair.

she used to look like starbuck, but now i think she's got a khaleesi thing going on.

^

tumblr_mjxfgeTJfX1qcqa3io1_r1_500.gif

i dont slay dragons, I raise them.
  • yoovie
    Options

It'll probably easier for everyone staying nearby to decide last minute when to head to the field. Could someone keep us in the loop? I'd like to meet up with a group before hand somehow and then afterwards, get intoxicated and make amazing fun memories clouded by alcohol.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    10:30 is always the race time no matter what time registration says
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Over in the earlier heat thread, we're talking about meeting up at the hotel first, and then carpooling over to the race at 10, I think.
  • yoovie
    Options
    too much wishy washy plans for people commuting from a couple hours away :frown:
  • Krys_140
    Options
    too much wishy washy plans for people commuting from a couple hours away :frown:
    Yeah, I get that. At this point, I'll be at the hotel without wheels, so I'm at the mercy of anyone with an extra seat.

You're welcome to bunk with me Thursday night.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Yeah, I get that. At this point, I'll be at the hotel without wheels, so I'm at the mercy of anyone with an extra seat.

You're welcome to bunk with me Thursday night.

thank you, i would love to but i have to work all week :-/
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Over in the earlier heat thread, we're talking about meeting up at the hotel first, and then carpooling over to the race at 10, I think.

so when we go to register, just ignore the heat assignment??

where are you all staying?
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    So when we go to register, just ignore the heat assignment??

where are you all staying?
    Exactly.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester-Monroe-Goshen, 2 Beryl Pl, Chester, NY
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you're already registered. you're just going to pick up your packet.

THEN you ignore you start time.
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    This morning was my last pre-race run. Was planning to just take it easy just to stretch out and just jog. Still finished 5K just under 30 minutes without pushing my pace. Pretty damn happy with that, Im ready for Saturday!
  • yoovie
    Options
    I ATE A BAGEL AND BLUEBERRIES FOR MY PREP TODAY!!! NOW IM GONNA GO TAN!

• MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm off to buy a travel pipe. Maaaybe running shoes, but the pipe for sure.

Race prep!!
  • Krys_140
    Options
    I'm off to buy a travel pipe. Maaaybe running shoes, but the pipe for sure.

Race prep!!
    Priorities, my man! Priorities!
  • yoovie
    Options
    also this

tumblr_mj5m93Eeza1s4qn73o1_500.gif

and this

tumblr_miqovfCvuZ1s6fhtwo1_400.gif

full of bliss about the way things are starting to turn out

and im not limping today for the first time since march.

tumblr_lsudiknSXA1qkixw6.gif