Evil Dead

Options
BrendarB
BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
was a yes for me - enjoyed it - just different enough and enough original crossover to make me happy.

Acting, well, kinda like the original

Replies

• TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Saw this today and enjoyed it....I usually don't like remakes, but I was impressed with this one.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I went and saw this opening night by myself. I LOVED it. I am so glad too, cause I was getting worried it was getting too much hype and then I would be disappointed. Being a fan of the original I agree with you BrendarB just enough newness and enough of the original to please. I hope you guys stayed til the end of the credits, my fav part <3. I am eager to watch again and will be definitely buying on DVD.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I always stay til the lights go up - yep, made me giddy!!

I went and saw it again - I really did like it and found out a couple parts were even more creepy the 2nd time around cause I knew what was coming and the sound effects just made me shiver!
  • TamAD48
    Options
    I missed the part at the end of the credits.....when they started my son got up and was ready to leave, I tried to get him to stay, but he was already on his way down the stairs to head out. He was something else during the movie. My son is 25 years old and has mild autism. He got his love of horror movies from me. During this one there were scenes that creeped me out and also made me cringe, but him he's just sitting there watching it without a problem and saying "good popcorn" lol
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I went to see this today. I didn't think I would like it because I love the original series, but I thought it was pretty good. My boyfriend and our friend had a small debate after the movie about who the five souls were. Did anyone else think about this? Curious to know! :)
  • TamAD48
    Options
    A friend and I were having that debate about who the souls were too. He was saying that he thinks the girl at the beginning may have been the first one of the five that were needed. Then there was the debate about was it necessary for the souls to be kept or just taken, because even though Mia got her's back it was still taken for awhile. I told him we gotta watch it again and see if it specified that the souls had to be taken AND kept in order for it to happen.
  • jlwbeans0823
    Options
    That's funny, same debate exactly! We also talked about David. I may go see it again too. Let me know if you discover something new on a second viewing! :)

Edited for spoilers, just in case...
  • TamAD48
    Options
    May go see it again, or may just wait till the dvd release comes out....that way we can pause or replay certain parts LOL
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    So...

what was the scene at the end? I'd rather not spend the cash and re-watch it just to see the last bit.
  • jlwbeans0823
    Options
    Which scene at the end? The very, very end credits or just something at the end of the movie?