I have no idea where to meet men =/

Options
Well, the title is true. I was in a terrible relationship for 5 years, but have been single for a year now. I'm content with being single, but would love to have someone to share life's experiences with, ya know? I've tried the bar scene.... but I don't really want to meet a guy that goes out to bars all the time. Just isn't my style. I go to the batting cages... but it's mostly women that seem to go. At the gym?.. Ha! Like any of those guys would ever be interested in someone like myself (at my current weight, even though I'm working on it). Grocery store, book stores, coffee shops, etc.... no-go. So where on earth do I go?!

I had even resorted to PlentyOfFish. Worst experience EVER. :noway: I also will never resort to Craigslist.

It's not like I don't get out and do stuff... because I definitely do. I guess maybe I'm looking for other opinions on where to meet guys?

I'm a pretty chill girl. Sarcastic, witty, nerdy, silly.... but genuine. I'm into movies, books, photography, music, coffee...etc. It's hard to NOT have a common interest with someone. I'm independent, financially stable, have a job I love...yet I don't meet anyone.

What's up with that?

(Please don't offer me a glass of water. I'm not thirsty by any means. Just looking for suggestions)

Anyways, have a great day. And I appreciate those who take the time to read and reply :):flowerforyou:

Best regards,
Samantha

Replies

• moonlitdreams2
    Options
    Hi Samantha, I completely understand. It is possible to meet men in the gym, but you have to have more confidence in that. Personally, I quit doing the bar scene because that's where I met my last two exes and they both cheated on me and drank like fish. I was told to find social "clubs" or start a social "club". I don't know how populated your area is, but I live in a very rural area which makes me harder. Good luck
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't know but if you figure it out, let me know.

I agree with you on all of your points!

I tried the online dating thing but was too freakin chicken to meet up with any of them in person. I think I would prefer to meet a man in person first... That way I know he is interested from the beginning.
  • moonlitdreams2
    Options
    I've been too chicken too. The two or three times I wanted to meet them they disappeared the week before :(
    I don't know but if you figure it out, let me know.

I agree with you on all of your points!

I tried the online dating thing but was too freakin chicken to meet up with any of them in person. I think I would prefer to meet a man in person first... That way I know he is interested from the beginning.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    wait there are women at the batting cages?
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

lol here there are :)
  • BigBrewski
    Options

Well then time to get off POF and pick up a bat and head to the cages
  • moonlitdreams2
    Options

Well then time to get off POF and pick up a bat and head to the cages

I plan on starting baseball again. There's a co-ed summer league starting, but I'm not sure if I'll have time so playing in the park or heading to the cages
  • Amazing1985RSD
    Options
    I usually try to meet girls at the gym. I haven't done too well with online dating. Girls don't usually respond to my messages.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    I need to know the answer to this too!
    I'm on pof too, but I can't keep up with it. I don't make good decisions when I go out drinking, so the bars not a good idea for me to meet a man. lol So really, where do you go to meet someone??
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Me either, and POF was so bad I started a blog about dating online. (www.datingisdangerous.com)

Part of my problem is I work far too much. But even then, some of my jobs are prime for meeting people.

I try to go to meetups though they are often a drive for me. But have had a date or two from that.

Events and Adventures (a social club) is a rip off. They wanted something like $2300 for one year....ridiculous!
  • BigBrewski
    Options
    I'm on pof too, but I can't keep up with it. I don't make good decisions when I go out drinking, so the bars not a good idea for me to meet a man. lol So really, where do you go to meet someone??

want to go grab a drink :) hehe

On a serious note my plan for meeting somone is the following: I am doing more activities that I enjoy, racquetball league, hiking, bowling league, shooting range, and other outdoor things. The hard part is while doing these activites I MUST talk to ladies and get to know them.
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have recently tried on-line dating. After studying what women are looking for I decided to open my profile with:

"I am not athletic and toned, I do not make $100,000+ , and I live 3 hours from the beach so I normally don't take long walks there.
    If you are still reading this......."

Surely none of these women are so shallow that they are only looking for a rich hunk, so all I can think of is that it must be the distance from the beach that's keeping them away in droves. .:ohwell:
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    church, can i get an amen!!
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options

On a serious note my plan for meeting somone is the following: I am doing more activities that I enjoy, racquetball league, hiking, bowling league, shooting range, and other outdoor things. The hard part is while doing these activites I MUST talk to ladies and get to know them.

Just don't open up with "Hey Sweetheart, what's your name?"
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't know the type of area that you are in, but for me, I have had success with meetup groups (meetup.com). I just joined a few groups of varying interests and try to attend those. The people in them vary in age and single status, but at least we have some common interests rights off the bat.

Example...played trampoline dodgeball with the meetup group which was a ton of fun. Accidentally hit a girl in the head with a ball (can't exactly aim for head shots when hopping on trampolines), and I felt really bad about it. So bought her a drink after and we dated off and on for a while.
  • BigBrewski
    Options

Just don't open up with "Hey Sweetheart, what's your name?"

or "hey baby, whats your sign?"
  • kt_731
    kt_731 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Me either, and POF was so bad I started a blog about dating online. (www.datingisdangerous.com)

Part of my problem is I work far too much. But even then, some of my jobs are prime for meeting people.

I try to go to meetups though they are often a drive for me. But have had a date or two from that.

Events and Adventures (a social club) is a rip off. They wanted something like $2300 for one year....ridiculous!

I just read your whole blog, this is awesome! I totally agree with so much that you have posted.
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Pretty dang funny.....
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options