I have no idea where to meet men =/

Replies

• goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    I'm definitely going to read your blog. A friend just told me about another online dating blog that's very entertaining.:laugh: And to the batting cage girl, if you feel like you're the only one out there looking for :heart: , check out Melanie's blog at 1yearofonlinedatingat50.com. Although you're definitely not 50, reading this will make you feel a whole lot better!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    wait there are women at the batting cages?

You bet! I bring my son up there 1-2 times per week. I did meet a guy there once.

I agree with the others who said to just continue doing what you enjoy. At least you'll know you have things in common. :)
  • harkly
    harkly Posts: 7
    I typically don't date anyone that I don't know at least a little but I moved and now its hard : (

Online is pretty scary, I've never tried it but a freind has and she runs into some very strange people. There are lots of sites geared towards certain niches. Found one for people who have lost weight or for healthy living - wlsingles.com
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Don't put yourself down. I'd be interested in you at the gym as long as you weren't one of those girls that does dumb bell curls while jogging while reading a fashion magazine at the same time. Safety first!
  • jamieralph
    jamieralph Posts: 45 Member
    Know where you're coming from. Don't tend to go out to bars these days as everyone I know is married with kids so we tend to stay in or just go for a few pints, our pulling days are over (not that I was any good at that anyway!). The only way I seem to meet women is via online dating (and even then it's few and far between). I've found that the free dating sites like POF and Oasis are a waste of time, you just seem to attract the wrong type of people on there.

Would love to meet someone at the gym but wouldn't know where to start to be honest. Samantha I'd be interested in you if I saw you at the gym. ;)
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    I have the same problem. I've been single for a very long time and have created a wonderful, happy, fulfilling life for myself but I have very few outlets for meeting men. I work from home which makes it difficult, most of my friends are gay because of my involvement with gay rights, including singing in an LGBT friendly chorus and I have no idea how to meet a guy at the gym even though I'm there 5 times a week.

I'm on POF too and that's going nowhere. Lot's of men are "interested" in me but they never actually contact me. I figure if you don't have the balls to send me a message then you aren't anyone I'd be interested in dating anyway. I reach out to guys that have interesting profiles and common interests but the majority of them don't reply. The whole this is just so awkward and can be so demeaning.

So, I've decided to just keeping working on myself, building up my self-esteem and maybe I'll work up the nerve to approach someone at the gym myself someday :)
  • Apogree
    Apogree Posts: 12 Member
    I'm going to agree with a few people on here. Meetup.com is a great place to start. I've tried the online thing, Okcupid was my cup o' tea. There's good and bad on there, but it's a lot to shift through somedays. I haven't been on that site for around half a year now.

Hmmm other than that, you could try speed dating events in the area. I've never tried them, but you'd get to meet the guys in person instead of wondering if they posted a picture that was 10 years old!

Other than that, I'm in the same boat as you. I don't approach guys in the gym, especially when I'm surrounded by women in sports bras and shortie shorts. I don't think I could ever date a guy that I felt not good enough to date since they're healthy and I'm not yet. I'm sure we'll all figure something out eventually.

Maybe it will rain (sane) men one day? :P
  • Helenal91
    Helenal91 Posts: 71
    I have the same problem. Well I meet men, but they are only interested in one thing!

Where are all the genuine nice men at? Do they even exist? Should I just become a nun?
    These are questions I often ask myself. if anybody could enlighten me it would be gravely appreciated :D
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    I have the same problem. Well I meet men, but they are only interested in one thing!

Where are all the genuine nice men at? Do they even exist? Should I just become a nun?
    These are questions I often ask myself. if anybody could enlighten me it would be gravely appreciated :D

All you women struggling to find men, yet when I have messaged people on the dating sites mentioned below I get next to no replies :(

Becoming a nun? yeah I think I'm going that way myself, at least there will be nuns in the same places as the Monks :P

Yet, here I am "single and ready to mingle" as they say lol!
  • wheresheidi
    wheresheidi Posts: 213
    I'm actually scared to jump into the dating scene. As you can see from my pic I'm still not confident enough to put myself out there. Good Luck to everyone though.:flowerforyou:
  • Congrats on losing 127 pounds! This is not on-line dating....putting your picture out would be a good first step....I just got on-line 3 months ago, it was hard! That was after losing 30 pounds. Of course I over analyze every picture. I am not happy about this and that. I debate whether I should keep my goatee or not. On-line dating I have already found is rough...There is the rejection factor. I have not been that assertive because I am traveling, but I will be once I go back home!

So take a small step....put a picture on here....Just your face....
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    I totally understand where you're coming from....most of my friends are married with kids, we don't go out much anymore....when we do it's to gay bars with our gay friends and well, the view might be nice there but it's not doing me any good :ohwell:

I've tried the online dating scene, but the only place I've had any success was on BBW sites.....in my experience, a lot of guys who go after BBWs are either low in self confidence and they think we're all they can get or they think we're easy lays and are only interested in that.

I've even tried BBW dating groups in the area, but the women were super clique and snarky and the guys....well, a lot of them just have a fetish about BBWs and I just want to be liked for me....know what I mean?

It's hard to meet new people! If you figure out the right combination, please let me know! :love:
  • SAR4Life
    SAR4Life Posts: 153 Member

All you women struggling to find men, yet when I have messaged people on the dating sites mentioned below I get next to no replies :(

Becoming a nun? yeah I think I'm going that way myself, at least there will be nuns in the same places as the Monks :P

Yet, here I am "single and ready to mingle" as they say lol!

It's funny..i kinda agree. I was on dating sites and took the time to actually read profiles and respond with actually something to say and got almost no responses back..lol..oh well! Meetup groups are a pretty cool place to meet other people.. at least you're doing stuff you enjoy and know the people you meet have the same interests.
  • mmouse90
    mmouse90 Posts: 83
    I tried eHarmony and OKCupid....both were a nightmare with OKCupid being the worse. Actually had one guy ask me if I preferred to wear pantyhose, thigh-highs or none at all and that he preferred pantyhose. I think he meant he preferred women to wear pantyhose.......needless to say I closed both accounts.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    I tried eHarmony and OKCupid....both were a nightmare with OKCupid being the worse. Actually had one guy ask me if I preferred to wear pantyhose, thigh-highs or none at all and that he preferred pantyhose. I think he meant he preferred women to wear pantyhose.......needless to say I closed both accounts.

You should of had fun with that one and asked him where he bought his pantyhose :)

I had a similar bad experience with OKCupid years ago.
  • Yeah...Meetup is a good social website/group! I go on many hikes in Colorado via Meetup.com! I have played kickball, gone to singles picnic (out of my comfort zone, but I did it), and singles happy hours (also out of my comfort zone), There are many other types of groups and activities you can do
  • I actually enjoyed online dating. Yes, there are a lot of ...hmmmm....interesting people on there, and I didn't meet the "ONE", but nonetheless, I enjoyed it and have some GREAT stories to share. But, I'm a "always up for an adventure" type of gal. Now that summer is over and my little girl comes home from spending it at her dad's home, I deleted my profiles. If it happens, it happens! He's worth the wait.....
  • mmouse90
    mmouse90 Posts: 83

You should of had fun with that one and asked him where he bought his pantyhose :)

Oh I had many ideas however I was driving back home from a hike and read it while a stop sign so by the time I got home and cleaned up I said forget about it and deleted the *kitten*
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member

Oh I had many ideas however I was driving back home from a hike and read it while a stop sign so by the time I got home and cleaned up I said forget about it and deleted the *kitten*

So it was Literally a stop sign when you saw the figuratively stop sign from the *kitten*