Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi There! Newbie to MF here!

bar403
bar403 Posts: 28 Member
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to MF but not to MFP :)

I've had several friends successfully lose weight with MF and I finally decided it was time to give it a go. I've been on some sort of "diet" ever since I can remember. Sometimes they worked and sometimes I even kept the weight off for a year or two....but it always creeps back on.

After the birth of my son, I was at my highest weight ever. I was able to lose the "baby" weight (40 lbs!!!) on my own pretty quickly but then I got stuck with the other 50 I had to lose. In 2011 I had great success joining MFP and tracking my calories and exercise - I lost an additional 25 lbs. I had motivation you see - I was a bridesmaid in a beach wedding in Mexico! After that, I could not find the motivation to continue and slowly but surely, the weight started to creep back on. I'm now back up almost 20 lbs since May 2011. I am hoping to lose 40 lbs overall.

Today is my first day and I'm super excited! Glad to have found this group on MFP as well :)

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all. :)

Replies

• hi Bar403!

I started yesterday. So day 2 an plugging along. I have been low carbing up to this point so it seemed like a sensible option.

Best wishes on your successful journey!
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Best of luck to you both! :)
  • bar403
    bar403 Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks!

How are you feeling today?

I was doing Slow Carb before this and MF has many of the same principals - but easier! LOL

GL!

~Brooke
  • VTLois
    VTLois Posts: 49
    Just give it a chance, don't give up because you may need getting used to the soy or the small meals. I am on week 2 and it does work, but it's a hard adjustment.