Dec 2013 Babies

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Jem411
    Jem411 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well it seems my Dec baby (due 12-6) may actually be a Thanksgiving baby! Either way, I'll take it.

Doing well. Nursery is almost ready...just waiting for the glider chair to come in so I can decide on final furniture placement. We have a lot of what we'll need for those first couple months--I think.

Momma is still feeling great....exercising on the days I don't teach (because herding 26 middle school kids for 7+ hrs a day counts as exercise when you're 34 weeks pregnant!). Weight gain has stalled since I started spacing my carbs in accordance to my gestational diabetes control plan. Life is good :)

I have an OB check up today and hope to get my breast pump issues settled....for some reason this has been way more difficult than it should be! My insurance covers it (double electric) but I have to be referred to an in-network supplier. So I'm told. Last time I called they said I just need a prescription for it, but that got me nowhere. Ugh!

The only "complaint" I have is that it's unseasonably cold outside and I haven't bought any winter maternity clothes...and I got rid of all my "fat clothes" long ago so I'm left wearing my husbands winter coat. Yes, that makes me feel supremely attractive. lol.

oh youre much more organized then I am. The man isnt really involved in getting much read, and he's starting a new job so he'll be even more removed. We have a side sleeper with no real mattress for the baby, some clothes, and some diapers. I'm just so exhausted dont feel like doing anything nor do I have the excitement yet. still seems unreal. :frown:

Suddenly, everything will come together. I was totally not in "baby mode" until my doctor told me it'll likely be a Nov baby and I started doing weekly appointments. Prior to that, I had ZERO interest in anything baby. Honestly, I turned a corner when my Aunt sent me the most adorable Minnetonka baby shoes ever. I'm totally practical and suddenly my mind shifted from "Babies don't walk, they don't need shoes" to "OMG I'm going to be a mom!". It was seriously like a switch got turned on. It'll happen for you too!!

I agree with Lisa, it'll happen ;) . In fact, before I was ever pregnant I wasn't even sure if I wanted kids. Of course that all changed once I found out I was preg with my first. I always "loved" him, but the day he was born and I saw his face IT WAS TRUE LOVE. I am hooked for life. I honesly don't know what I was ever doing before I had kids, it truly made my life "click". Hang in there, Mama... It was never totally real for me either until I got to meet him. Not to mention watching my husband as a Dad is the sexiest thing ever (sorry TMI, lol), needless to say life is good. And OMG>...we are on the home stretch!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Well....I am kinda hovering between the January and the December groups. I am due on 1/02/14, so who knows what will happen. This will be my third baby and our second girl. Our DD is 3 and I have managed to keep almost everything of hers so we don't really need much other than a few diapers. What I do need and don't have is space....this poor little girl is going to be sleeping in a dresser drawer like an episode of Seinfeld, lol! Eventually the girls will share a room but for now, we will be co-sleeping in our room since I EBF.

I have not organized at all or figured out where I'm going to keep her stuff....I suppose I need to get on the ball since she will be here all too soon.... UGH!
  • tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's a funny thing getting 'ready' for the baby, both physically and emotionally!

I know last time whilst I was quite sorted practically (I had time!) I didn't get my head around the idea of being a mum for a long time (infact I would say a few weeks post partum really - it took a while to settle!).

This time I am so busy (partly with a toddler but partly with a manic job and building work at home) that I have been more relaxed about prep. In my head I had been saying I would get serious about it at 34 weeks.... and that is today!

Going through a bout of insomnia (mainly busy brain but partly discomfort, heart burn and sinusitis too...) so spending the time writing lists etc. Hence being up at 3.45. Am due on 4th Dec so reasonable chance of a Nov baby and won't necessarily have lots of time on maternity leave to get organised so I best crack on!

Sorry for the ramble, I guess what I am saying is it does come together and you will manage with what you have! In a way you can only be so prepared - you never know how the reality will turn out anyway so trying to get things perfect is not necessarily possible. But it does tend to all work out one way or another :)
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear from girls who are already mums cause sometimes I feel a bit selfish, like I am not obsessed enough with my pregnancy and impending motherhood.
    Some days I feel anxious about all the irrevocable changes, other days I LONG for this little boy, but more often than not I just go about my business as usual... Good to know that everything kicks in naturally at some point.

Lisa - you made me laugh in your husbands sexy winter coat :) I WISH it was winter over here. It's been unseasonably hot and my body temp is already higher than usual so some days are just pure torture. I have to go and lie in a cold bath every half hour to manage :( And I have my own charming outfits, mostly just wearing as little as possible and not caring who sees because I just want to be cool! (temperature-wise, I've definitely given up on looking "cool"...).
    Ha, lucky we don't have a single full-length mirror in the house :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Ok December Moms we've been very quiet...it's the first of the month. Update ladies updates!!!

I'm being monitored twice a week now because of my hypertension which seems to be better controlled with medication. It's a baby boy and he's flipped. Looks like his due date is Jan 5th, but the nurses at the hospital expect I may have a December birth. So far all looks fine...just so excited. I get chills when I think about we are finally here.
  • tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can't believe December has come round already! I am due this Wednesday (4th) and feel very ready for this baby to arrive! But staying patient as I know it could be some time yet... my daughter arrived on her due date but I think that is unlikely to happen a second time!

There is a bit more chatting on the separate december due date group too :)
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My due date was yesterday and I'm beginning to feel like I will be celebrating her fourth birthday when she's still in Hotel Uterus.

Sigh. ):
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    So we had Eleanor Marie on Wednesday 12-4 at 8:29 AM via C-section. She never dropped into my pelvis, which meant a vaginal delivery attempt would've likely turned into a C-section anyway. We're home and doing great. She weighed in at 9lbs 3 ounces, 21 1/4 inches long. We were SURE that she was going to be a boy, but she's already stolen our hearts (especially dads!).

I feel great, got up about 10 hrs after surgery just to move around the room and by 24 hrs post-surgery I was walking laps at the hospital. So far nursing is going pretty well. We had a few "difficult" moments but considering neither of us have done this before I'd say we're so far successful.

My one negative shocker was my feet have swelled SO BIG in the last day or two. They are bigger than they ever were during pregnancy. Hopefully the swelling will reduce very soon as it's actually rather annoying!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    shes beautiful congratulations