Welcome! Introduction

Options
2»

Replies

• eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    What a great idea for a group, :-)

I'm Tanya, I'm 32, I'm Maori originally from Wellington now in Australia.

I have two kids (6 and 2), and really packed on the weight after my second child. My 'this has to change' moment came when I realized I couldn't fit into my 'fat' pants which were already a size 18! I was seriously disgusted, I cried and cried then googled weightloss and found my way here in February of this year. Best thing I have ever done! In the three months ive been here I have lost 13kgs (28pounds :-) pounds sounds so much better!! Lol) and I've happily gone from needing size 20 pants to now wearing loose size 16 pants! Still a while to go yet but I'm confident I can do it (without going hungry!!!).

I have also discovered a love of exercise, I bike,walk or do c25k 5/6 days a week. Never thought I would like running but it turns out I'm enjoying it! I've also met some of the most supportive people here and I'm really enjoying my weight loss journey!

I'm very interactive here, log daily, and look forward to getting to know more people :-)
    Hi Tanya! Good thing we're friends on here it's great to see everyone's personal journey :) thanks for sharing!
  • eag264
    Options
    Talofa one & all!

What a great initiative setting up this forum!

I'm a likeminded Samoan/Niuean Kiwi-born teine who after looking at some reality check pics in November 2012, decided enough is enough and challenged a friend who was wanting to lose weight also to join me in my meltdown with an incentive firmly in place to keep us motivated of an hour long massage at the Hanmer Springs Spa for whoever lost the most by Christmas 2012 ... long story short, I enjoyed my well earned massage and that was just the beginning of great things to come!

Since then I examined the pitfalls of previous attempts, closed the gaps on them, got REAL (by not trying to be superwoman taking off with a hiss & a roar with eating clean, quitting smoking and shrinking intake of food to one lettuce leaf a day only to bomb out on day 5) and engaged others to share the journey with me.

Since November I've dropped just over 30kgs with a further 50kgs to goal and training towards shaving off at least a further 10kgs before my big 40th bash in NYC in October so would love to connect with likemindeds and stay motivated together!!!

Take care, feel free to add me as a friend and if you're in the south island of NZ like me, keep warm!

Marina :)
    Hi Marina, I hear you on that. Going on 40 too so it's high time to get my body in order before its too late. I'd be happy to recommend some spots for you to visit in NYC, that's where I'm celebrating next year too, it'll be good to go home :)
  • eag264
    Options
    Hi everybody! My name is Noma & I live in Washington state. I'm Tongan, white, and east Indian. I have 2 children & am twice divorced. I never lost the weight with my youngest child (who is now 9 years old) and I thought it was time I did so. But it's not all about the weight for me. I want to get dressed in the morning & not feel the need to wear spanx. I want to walk up a flight of stairs & not be out of breath & not having my legs touch when I move would be lovely. lol Plus working out makes me less depressed & gives me more energy. I want to be an example to my children so they grow up & don't have the struggles with weight that myself & my family do.
    I've not gotten very far with this though. I work long hours & being a single mother takes a lot of my time as well. I joined to see if I could find people like me. I mean, I can't be the only person trying to find the time to do a 100 things at once. lol
    Well, I'm not sure what else to say but I hope you all have a great day!
    Hi Noma,
    Good to have you on here. I'm happy to see more of our people on MFP and getting healthier. It's a great site to support each other and share in our journey. Welcome :)
  • oceanicpearl
    oceanicpearl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :smile: TGIF!
  • oceanicpearl
    oceanicpearl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Talofa one & all!

What a great initiative setting up this forum!

I'm a likeminded Samoan/Niuean Kiwi-born teine who after looking at some reality check pics in November 2012, decided enough is enough and challenged a friend who was wanting to lose weight also to join me in my meltdown with an incentive firmly in place to keep us motivated of an hour long massage at the Hanmer Springs Spa for whoever lost the most by Christmas 2012 ... long story short, I enjoyed my well earned massage and that was just the beginning of great things to come!

Since then I examined the pitfalls of previous attempts, closed the gaps on them, got REAL (by not trying to be superwoman taking off with a hiss & a roar with eating clean, quitting smoking and shrinking intake of food to one lettuce leaf a day only to bomb out on day 5) and engaged others to share the journey with me.

Since November I've dropped just over 30kgs with a further 50kgs to goal and training towards shaving off at least a further 10kgs before my big 40th bash in NYC in October so would love to connect with likemindeds and stay motivated together!!!

Take care, feel free to add me as a friend and if you're in the south island of NZ like me, keep warm!

Marina :)
    Hi Marina, I hear you on that. Going on 40 too so it's high time to get my body in order before its too late. I'd be happy to recommend some spots for you to visit in NYC, that's where I'm celebrating next year too, it'll be good to go home :)

Hey Liz
    Just booked tickets to climb Lady Liberty in October up to the crown - excited!!!
    Would love to get some tips on must do sights & experiences in NYC please :)
    Will be doing the usual tourist attractions but also keen on experiencing a day in the life of a New Yorker away from the usual tourist traps :)
    When are you celebrating your 40th up there? Imagine if we're there at the same time ... would be rude not to catch up for a virgin cosmopolitan hehe!
    Keep up the great workouts :)

Hope everyone else here are going hard & keeping it clean (as can be)!
  • eag264
    Options
    Hey girl, wow that's awesome news!!! So excited for you :) NYC is an awesome place to be. There's so much to do not to mention foodie spots to visit heheh. I'm gonna send you an inbox soon!!! ciao :)