Upped my Calories

Options
skylarloses
skylarloses Posts: 12 Member
After reading a lot of your posts about BMR and TDEE I've decided to up my calories a little bit. It's only buy a 100 calories or so, but I while I was keeping under my calorie goal before, I was afraid I couldn't keep it up forever, so hopefully by upping my calories a little bit I will continue to be successful and binge free!

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Good idea, I think it is important to eat enough or the body does tend to rebel and this can result in binge eating in some people. Quite a few people with anorexia become binge eaters at a later date, myself included, as the body tends not to forget, it seems. I would always eat above your bmr at least, but preferably no more than 15% below TDEE if you don't have a lot to lose as that makes it steady but sustainable.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I upped my cals by quite abit thinking this would help my binge urges. It HAS helped :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I upped my cals by quite abit thinking this would help my binge urges. It HAS helped :)

Wonderful news, glad it is helping you, keep up the good work!
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I did this, too (though I was probably not undereating), since my Monday binge, and I have felt much better. Because I'm more physically active than I started off, I recalculated my TDEE and came up with a higher number. I'm just not eating back exercise calories now. It seems easier to shoot for the same number of calories every day.
  • dladisheff
    Options
    After reading a lot of your posts about BMR and TDEE I've decided to up my calories a little bit. It's only buy a 100 calories or so, but I while I was keeping under my calorie goal before, I was afraid I couldn't keep it up forever, so hopefully by upping my calories a little bit I will continue to be successful and binge free!

I think I will do this as well.....I have such a hard time staying at or below my calorie level that the minute I go over it, I continue on in a binge. I think the important thing is to get the binge eating stopped.

Donna L.