Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month

Options
April is Parkinson's Disease Awarness Month

Parkinson's disease (PD) is a chronic and progressive movement disorder, meaning that symptoms continue and worsen over time. Nearly one million people in the US are living with Parkinson's disease. The cause is unknown, and although there is presently no cure, there are treatment options such as medication and surgery to manage its symptoms

Typically when someone hears Parkinsons they relate it to old people and shaky bodies. Though that is typically true there are many young people that are stricken by this. Being that it is PArkinsons awareness Month I am doing my part, as a Parkinsons patient, to help educate others about this mean man Mr. Parker. The link below will bring you to the Parkinsons Foundation Website where there is lots of info. There is much more to this than shaky bodies. Please take a minute to educate yourself and If you know of anyone else that has this condition I would love to speak with them and discuss the benefits excercise can have, especially WTF Crossfit. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

John

http://www.pdf.org/en/about_pdf_sub

Replies

• AngeloGrimes
    Options
    Duce!

Thanks for the info & all of the support that you give the WTFCF & Wylie community.... I will defiantly read up more on Parkinson's and always be ready to support & help those affected with this terrible disease.

Ang