Which category? bikini, figure, fitness, physique

Options
Hey all!

Although I am not new to the gym, I am new to the world of competing. My goal is to enter into a competition this year but I am not too sure what category I would fall into. What is the best way to decide?

Replies

• briana0522
    briana0522 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Any shows in your area that you could go and watch? I thought I wanted to do bikini but then went to a show and realized that I prefer more muscles and a little less "flash". Also depending how much time frame you have to train could help your decision. You need muscle for all of them but less for bikini and physique the most. So if you have less time to train bikini would be easier to prepare for. I really recommend going to a show and also looking up stuff about each one online, especially because you will need to learn how to pose. Not only does each category pose differently (bikini vs. figure vs. physique) but also each organization poses differently (ex. NPC vs SNBF vs. FAME). Posing takes a lot of preparation and practice. :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I would also say go to a show and watch. I did bikini and I prefer that, for myself. However, if that is a picture of you, you could probably go Figure. Best of luck and have fun!!