Just joined yesterday

Options
ggtojuju
ggtojuju Posts: 35 Member
My name is Sharon and I have been on MFP since Sept. 2012. I am here every day and log my food every day, also. I've lost 32 pounds.

I'm always looking for people in my own age group. I feel that we have different challenges than the younger ones.

So, if anyone would like to add me as a friend, please feel free to do so. I will support you and maybe kick you in the butt when you need it. I've been kicked a few times myself.

Thanks for having this group for all of us to help each other along the way.

Sharon

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon and welcome to our group. We also have a weekly challenge we do, expect this week, we took off. lol I slacked and did not post any. We have a chat group also. Good luck in your journey.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Droelma and this is just my second day here. I agree with you in that we more " mature " folks have a different set of struggles to content with. I really admire all the weight check tickers in this thread with all those wonderful amounts of weight lost. I have a long way to go ( I would like to lose 35 kilos/ about 75 pounds ) but am optimistic and willing to accept any support given to me as well as extending a helping hand whenever needed.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sharon and Droelma!! Good to have you join us.

Linda
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 60 years old and over group. It is harder to lose the weight, but it can be done. :smile: Good Luck. You are welcome to add me if you like.
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both newbies - I do agree - we older folks have a harder time losing, but it can be done! You can both add me as a fried - I try to get on every day even though sometimes it is late!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon and Linda! Welcome to the group!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies and welcome to the group...please add me as a friend...... we can all help each other.....:flowerforyou:
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sharon and Droelma, Welcome to the Sassy Seniors group (OK, that's not official, I just made it up!). I, too, think we over 60's have some unique challenges, so am always happy to add new friends among my peers. Anyone is free to add me, if we're not already friends.
  • gloriadowney
    Options
    Welcome to the group Sharon and Droelma...I joined less than a week ago and really enjoy logging in several times a day. Everyone is very supportive. Much success to you both!
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary Ann, I joined MFP in Jan. 2013, and have lost 35 lbs. The support on here is tremendous, I know I couldn't of lost this much weight alone. I log every day, sometimes late, as I own and operate a restaurant, time does not always allow me to get on to early.. I also am in that "60ish" crowd, although i really don't feel and act like it... Anyone is free to and me as a friend. Welcome to you Sharon and Droelma!!!
  • _Liz_M_
    _Liz_M_ Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome newbies. Lovely to meet you all. Please feel free to add me. :flowerforyou: