subtracting fiber

Options
gwicks54
gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
I did not subtract fiber when I first started eating about 100 grams of carbs per day and then I started and have been stuck at the same weight for a while. Just wondering if that is making a difference and would like some ideas on how to shake things up.

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    100 g carbs a day is not fat burning mode.

You must experiment (up to a year) with your carbohydrate settings to find your fat burning mode. Everyone is different.

Go to 50 g carbs and see if that puts you in fat burning mode. Then, maintain the same caloric intake for 30 days.

Adjust down in your calories the next month but stay at 50 g. carbs. to see if you drop body fat quickly.

If you do, then you know you are at your fat burning carb sweet spot. If not, then drop the carb intake lower and do another 30 days of monitoring.

Note, if you have to drop below 50 g. carbs a day to get your metabolism to fire up, then you should go see an endocrinologist about your thyroid or pituitary gland! It is normal for most people to easily get into fat burning mode at 60 g a day.
    Unfortunately, due to enviornmental factors and poor food intake, most people's hormones and endocrine glands are damaged and a VLC diet is the only way to get them to work.
    Another sign of poor hormone balance is if you do not lose body fat all over, but instead have stubborn deposits of body fat that don't shrink when most of the rest of your body does shrink from body fat loss.

BTW, the best way to heal and reset damaged hormones and glands is to go VLC for a couple of months. That resets the leptin, heals the thyroid, gives the pituitary gland a jump start. I did 4 months of under 40 g carbs a day and now my metabolism is awesome. I'm back up to 100 g. carbs a day for maintence, but average 50 without even trying. All my bloodwork and hormone tests in 2011 and 2012 came back super awesome! I have been under 100 g carbs since Oct. 2011.

and remember:
    You will only burn fat if you are at a calorie deficit. Do fat burning exercises like resistance training, body weight training, and low impact aeorobic excercises such as slow swimming or moderate paced walking.

happy training!
    - Coach T.