Let's gret this started

mustangmary11
mustangmary11 Posts: 46 Member
I started my Dr. Who journey when I watched it on channel 21 a PBS station in NY. My first doctor was Tom Baker (the 4th doctor) fell in love with it and when the new series re-started was so happy. I liked Christopher Eccelson, and adored David Tennant, matt Smith is growing on me and a good doctor I think. I also love Torchwood, kind of a crossover with Dr. Who and other scifi shows , like Warehouse 13, Eureka (sadly not on anymore) and Ghosthunters, although they have been disappointing lately. Come on in and join our little group, say hi, and stay awhile

AND I SMILED GET WRONG IN THE TITLE I TYPE TOO FAST FOR MY OWN GOOD LMAO

Replies

• tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    My hubby got me started on Dr Who on Netflicks w/ #9. He was an okay dr. Tenant grew on me fast. I love Matt Smith! He so kooky!

My kids love the Dr, too. I have a pic of them @ Halloween as a Dalek & #11. We wanted to make my 3 yr old an Adipose, but couldn't find the right stuff to make the costume. Next year(at the moment) they want to be #4-for the scarf I think and a Cyberman. I don't know if my 3 yr old will do anything yet.

Who are your favorite companions? I love Amy & Rory. River's a trip! We'll see where Clara takes it.

As for Torchwood, Jack is the man! yummy!! We stopped watching TW for a bit, but I caught a bit of a marathon the other week and my interest is peaked once again. Other than Jack, Ianto is intriguing.

ok, I'll wrap this up. I ramble alot. lol
  • Hpgirl1890
    Hpgirl1890 Posts: 15 Member
    My professor/mentor turned me into a Whovian about... 5 years ago? My very first episode was the Weeping Angel. I remember it so well. Every since then, I started watching Doctor Who. I jumped around with some old episodes (i call it the pre-Eccleston period)! I even watched the movie of the 8th doctor.

EDIT: I'm also a big Tennant fan!

I got my boyfriend to start watching it. He started from the 1st doctor and was a bit bored outta his mind (he's a Trekkie BTW).

I love Amy & Rory also. My brothers are going crazy for Clara. Rose.. I used to think she's annoying but she's ok to me. I'm ok with Martha and Mickey. But I LOVE Sarah Jane Smith.

I watched several episodes of TW, that's only because I think Jack is awesome!
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Weeping Angels are the creepiest things of all times! I can no longer look at a statue w/o thinking of it moving when I look away. lol
  • tonyoconnor129
    tonyoconnor129 Posts: 46 Member
    Torchwood-

Doctor Who-
    Anagram----

Yeah, I'm a Whovian.
    The pic is me with my 18th Season Scarf. Made it myself.
    I am really enjoying Matt Smith as the Dr.
    Favorite Dr Quotes, to date are.

"Bumble bees!" Tom Baker

'Fantastic" Chris Ecklestein

And

'Basically, Run!" Matt Smith.

It is all my wifes fault. I was Blissfully unaware of the Dr, having been
    a Star Trek fan my entire life, and really hating the cliffhangers that
    local stations showing Dr Who subjected me to in my youth.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    In the summer when I was little (in the Tom Baker era) my brother and I would walk to the corner store and buy a bag of Oreos and sit for hours on Saturday to watch Dr. Who and eat the Oreos. They would show all of the half hour episodes one right after another so it was usually 2 hours (and yes the intro/and closing themes were played for each episode – talk about getting a song stuck in your head) I think we were lucky it was on during the hottest part of the day when Mom wanted us inside – otherwise I am not sure we would have gotten to watch very many.
  • Roxmom66
    Roxmom66 Posts: 297 Member
    I am a huge fan, since I was a kid. That was a long time ago, because I remember the first Dr. vividly. I believe it was Don Pertwert (something like that), older, grey haired. I will have to check the spelling. At our school everyone was into it, and ev eryone would talk in the Dalak tone. A lot of fun. I still love the show. However, everyone in my family thinks I am crazy. I also have remember the weeping angel episode clearly.
  • Hpgirl1890
    Hpgirl1890 Posts: 15 Member
    Weeping Angels are the creepiest things of all times! I can no longer look at a statue w/o thinking of it moving when I look away. lol

Agree! I would stare at them for at least a minute before walking away! LOL
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    I love Dr. Who! Only been into it for a year or two, but I've seen all episodes on Netflix, both old and new. I've also watch Torchwood on Netflix as well. I like it, just not as much as Dr. Who.
    Last weekend I spent all weekend building two TARDIS's for my boys. Lots of cardboard, paint & duct tape.

JamieandTardis.jpg

ConnorandTardis.jpg

For whatever reason, even though I made the IMG lower case, it still won't show the pics, so just follow the links if you're curious.
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    My story is almost identical to mustangmary - change the venue (Connecticut not NY), and I just really haven't gotten into Ghosthunters. I've been a sci-fi lover since as long as I can remember, and certainly since my dad took me to the first Star Wars movie when I was 9. Dr. Who was a more readily accessible outlet. And I don't just love the sci-fi TV shows and movies, but the books too.
  • nick64quandry
    nick64quandry Posts: 20 Member
    anybody for star trek, star wars and eurika
  • mustangmary11
    I agree, and forget going to an old cemetery with all those angel statues on the graves. Gives me the willies!!
  • mustangmary11
    YES on all three. The star wars/ star trek's are classics, but I LOVED Eureka. So sad it ended, I was so mad at SyFy when they cancelled it!!
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Definitely Star Wars (everything) and Star Trek (mostly the original series, (most) movies, books, and The Next Generation) and I haven't finished Eureka - I'm still watching it on Amazon (partway thru season 4) as I got into it late in the game.

Speaking of cancelled series that I was working on, I need to get back to watching more Stargate SG1 as well....
  • mustangmary11
    Speaking of cancelled series that I was working on, I need to get back to watching more Stargate SG1 as well....

LOVE Stargate, we have the complete box set. lol Have first two seasons of Eureka also.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Heard tonight we suppose to see some other rooms in the Tardis. Would really like to see the swimming pool.
  • mustangmary11
    Heard tonight we suppose to see some other rooms in the Tardis. Would really like to see the swimming pool.

Was just talking about the pool earlier tonight, I swear LOL When Tom Baker was the Doctor he had referred to the TARDIS haveing 1900 rooms. With lots of wardrobes for clothes to fit anyone who happens to come on board HAHA
    That would be really cool, we shall see in just over half an hour :-D
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    So what did everybody think of the past episode. We did get a quick peek at the pool.
  • mustangmary11
    So what did everybody think of the past episode. We did get a quick peek at the pool.

Both hubby and I shouted POOL when Clara went past it. Now the library was quite impressive indeed. Good episode but this season its seems all over the place. I know Moffat has it all written in his head but WOW!!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Latest Dr.Who was a much better episode! Nice to see some of the internal rooms of the Tardis and the interactions between the Dr and Clara. The latest incarnation is definitely growing on me ( previously thought Mr. Tennent was brill).
    Weeping angels scary and far too memorable!

Occurs to me that I watch far too much sci-fi!! Loved Eureka and SG, SGAtlantis and universe. Oh and Warehouse 13
  • mustangmary11
    Latest Dr.Who was a much better episode! Nice to see some of the internal rooms of the Tardis and the interactions between the Dr and Clara. The latest incarnation is definitely growing on me ( previously thought Mr. Tennent was brill).
    Weeping angels scary and far too memorable!

Occurs to me that I watch far too much sci-fi!! Loved Eureka and SG, SGAtlantis and universe. Oh and Warehouse 13

I agree that #11 is growing on me with each season. I was head over heels for Tennant (still am lol) I enjoy all the shows you mentioned (love me some Jason Momoa from SG Atlantis now Game of Thones) I also like the new Defiance. I still watch reruns of Firefly if I see them. The new season of Warehouse 13 looks like its going to be really good.