The Orange Team Loft !

Options
marcelka77
marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
Welcome orange Team !

This is where you will socialize, meet and greet, get to know eachother, do challenges here in your loft ! Make sure that you get to know eachother !

Replies

• marcelka77
    Options
    So getting lesson from last challenge to keep us motiated we have begun our 20 week challenge(counting this 0 week).

And i still need your captain ;) - I am sorry i can't be captain this time ;)

For many of us, this is a clean slate of getting back on track! For the WEEK O challenge, I thought we might take it BACK TO BASICS! Let's take this week to focus on drinking water and cooking ! I know that this is not the easiest thing for all of us to do .

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/957625-pre-game-challege-0-week-challenge
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Ok Orange team, my name is Marcela ( Marci or just M for short).
    I am from czech republic but have been living in London (England) for nearly 15 years. I have lovely English husband and 2 boys .... Ant is 9 and Josh is 6 . I lost lots of weight 12-10 years ago - unhealthy way - I lived on 1 apple and senakol a day :( .... It was against my hubby's wish - but I didn't listen . Getting pregnant save my life . After 2 pregnancy I gained lots of weight back and even more extra!! I sort of have been yoyo dieting all the time. I started with my latest new quest on 1.1. When like most of people give myself new year resolution - exercise at least 4x a week -EAT 5x a day - yes - stop eating white bread ( i love fresh baguette with bit of butter .... ) - do my pack lunch - and especially stick to it and when I hit my go ( btw this haven't happened in 9 years) I will healthily maintain it!!!

Exercise - hm I love Zumba ( just with wii) I paid my membership in gym but go there only 1-2 a week :( ... I walk - I love walking - I mainly walk to or from walk ( it takes 85 min or 110 min depends which way )

I'm here because I do better when I 'm accountable to others. I am excited to start this challenge. I have been orange captain in previous orange team but as I've started this quest for everyone I don't think I will have time

to be captain - you would be helping me to keep your team motivated - collect their weights and post them to me - keep track on their challenge success - like this week there is watter challenge - you would ask your team how they done ...how many times a week and how many people have reached 8 glasses a day - and if they had any gr8 idea - post it in main house ;)

and of course be cruel and let me know if i do anything wrong and give me idea how to improve it

I will try to make co captains
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    hello Orange team! HI Marci! nice to "meet you"
    My name in Becky, I'm from Colorado. I have a wonderful husband of about a 1-1/2 years, but we been together nearly 12 years. We have one son togeher 9-Mason and Chris-12 stays with us on the weekends. we are hoping to have him join our family full time this summer... Pray that happens!!!!

I would be possibly available to do the "capit-ing" but would like to know more about what is needed from the role. I am one that struggles with cooking... so I may not be the best to "lead by exapmle" but I am dedicated to losing this weight and I do log everyday!

I hope to meet more of the orange team here :)

I am in a kickboxing class I take 4 days a week, I am trying to buld up to running but tend to walk more than I run. I have started the Insanity program a few days per week when I am home in the mornings.

I LOVE shoes and tattoos, dirtbiking and tending to our growing fish tank collection.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Good morning my Lovelies

I am back to keep you going ;)

this challenge is from monday

Pre-game challege 0 week Exercise challenge 04/15 - 04/22 ( 22nd its the our official D day)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/959159-pre-game-challege-0-week-exercise-challenge?page=1#posts-14626928
  • marcelka77
    Options
    woo hoo becky nice to meet you ;)

andd good luck for summer I can't imagine not to see my boys so it must be very hard not to see your oldest son
  • dreamingofhealthy
    Options
    Where the rest of the orange team?? Interested in "meeting" my fellow oranges! lol
  • marcelka77
    Options
    so am I come on oranges ... how are you ;) ... how is your challenge ... I did my challenge every day wooo hoo ... My legs are sooo sore
  • dreamingofhealthy
    Options
    Oranges???
    I will send a message out to the rest of the team directing them here for some visiting!!
    However I will have to do it Sunday, I am going out of town with My mom and grandma for some MUCH needed girl time! I will be logging food from my phone but the message boards lock up my phone everytime!

I worked out everyday this week. even though it snowed and I had to adjust the original week's schedule.

Have a great weekend Oranges!!!! hopefully there will be some activity here when i get logged back in to the board!.

* hugs
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My name is Anna. I am 34 years old and I have 4 children. I started out 2011 at 343 pounds. Today I weighed in at 243. I am proud of myself. I walk 3 miles every day rain or shine, hot or cold. Lets do this.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    I done wii Zumba every day
    I done my squats so far and today I am off to park to play football ( socker ) I tried trampoline ...but guys - its so hard I done only 10 min and was dead

I managed to have all my water - I will post my recipe tonight

I will post my weight tomorrow
  • debk68
    debk68 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Deb and I am also from CO, I live near boulder. I just found out I am on the orange team!!!

I am 44 and have 3 kids. I work as a lunchlady in the local school district. I am looking forward to this challenge!

Deb
  • Itsdevo
    Itsdevo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I am an Orangie! Nice to meet everyone! :-) I just got on board today, so I missed the "pre challenge". Should I expect a message from the captain of this team? ..and who will that be?
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Girls hiiiiii nice to see you

dreamingofhealthy
    Is our captain please let her know just your starting weight so she can fill it in spreadsheet

My starting weight is 163.5
    My water intake was nice and smooth 7 out of seven days and I posted recipe I can't win btw as I am the one who is judging ;)
    My exercise done 29 min shredder every day and 4 times Zumba my new exercise was football ( socker ) ... I tried trampolining - but girls it was hard after 10 min I was dead and next day I could not walk ;)
    My squats challenge done ;)
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Hi Lovelies

I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our first official week !!!! It is supposed to be still an introduction, so have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

Exercise max 7 lbs

1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! : mine for example will be trying to go to work on bike. - I would not mind to go home from work but to get there is 90% uphill!!!

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard :-)

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

3. Best Butt Exercises For Women: Squats

Squats are one of the best butt exercises you can do to build a nice round booty and sexy legs. Make sure you keep your abs tight, back straight, weight on heels, and sit your butt back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYv5lQo4yM
    can you make at least 350 a week ? E.G. 50 +60+70 +day rest +50 +60 +70
    1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most squads

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK ONE FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASICS! Let's take this week to focus on fish and cooking fish - let other inspire you with their recipe ! I know that this is not popular choice but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on it is good for us - and for mums especially we need to introduce fish into our kids diet - and I am not talking about fish fingers ;) .... girls all fish counts and vegetarians try Sea Vegetables. Try to eat fish 2x a week. (1 lbs advantage if you manage to eat 2 portions of fish)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips.

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 0. It will run from today april 21th - april 28th . I need the pictures and recipe of 1 dish you were cooking this week for yourself . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation . It can be idea for lunch (pack lunch) , dinner , breakfast or even Snack!!!

You must send picture + recipe here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/965956-place-to-share-fish-recipes-1st-week-cooking-challenge The requirement this week is you must have fish in this meal.

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 2 weigh in and everyone who post recipe will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something new - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    350 squats - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do 350 squats an extra 1 lbs for 1 person with most squats
    2 dishes with fish - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe
  • cutts26
    cutts26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My name is Sholanda Steele and my starting weight is 187. So far I have lost 50lbs and my goal is to loose another 25lbs. Hope I can accompiish this on the challenge.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    1st week 1st day behind me (ok in UK) - how are you girls???

1. exercise tick 29 min shredder 20 min Zumba
    2. something new (nothing special today)
    3. squats 60 done ...290 to do :-)
    4. fish - not today
    5. recipe - not yet ;) ...
  • dreamingofhealthy
    Options
    So wonderful to meet everyone!!! I am back to the boards, I took a few days away to spend with family and enjoyed every second of it!
    A new "interesting thing about me" I love to scrapbook. So Mom and Gram and I spent 3 full days looking at old pictures and looking back on great times. We are some "breeders" as my husband calls us. My grandma had 23 grandkids, and now has 13 great grandkids!! it was fun scapping all those little baby pictures. :) Good luck to everyone in thier challenges, I'm off to kickboxing!
  • marcelka77
    Options
    I am so happy you loved your break ....Wow 23 grand kids it made me count my cousins ... My nan from dad side has 5 kids - only 10 grand kids ( age between 40-9) - 11 great grand kids(22-1) - 2 great great grand kids. ( 4 and 1) .... We live in 9 different countries
  • dreamingofhealthy
    Options
    Wow that is pretty impressive as well!!!

So I started on my squats today. I didnt do any yesterday thinking we would do them in kickboxing class... We do them ALL THE TIME! But of course my luck--we didnt do sqats last night, we did "hiderants" (an equally agressive butt workout) so I was in no shape to them when I got home! So I have some ground to make up... but I am on my way!! doing pretty good on my water intake today and plan to make a fish taco for lunch, since I am home today and won't make the whole office smell!

Good Luck Oranges!!!
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Ok I am after 10 ,5 hour shift - and didn't do anything so far :( ... I'll try to do squats and Zumba before bath ;) ..... But I had very hard day busy and with very enoying custemer