Options

Replies

• UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Thank you
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the person running this will be posting the results and weekly winners? And if so where it will be posted?

"I was going to anounce winners and losers on Tuesday evening - Wednesday morning -latest "
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Does anyone know if the person running this will be posting the results and weekly winners? And if so where it will be posted?

"I was going to anounce winners and losers on Tuesday evening - Wednesday morning -latest "

Great thank you :smile:
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Everyone lets kick some booty and get the job done! Goooo Greenies!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,140 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I will update the spreadsheet too, but i think it is good to post here as well, to keep all others informed how you are doing so far.

Here is my summary for Monday and Tuesday:
    4x 30-45 min exercise: 2/4
    New exercise: not yet
    Squats: 50/350 (could be better)
    2xfish: 1/2
    Fish recipe: I took the picture yesterdy, but have not posted the recipe yet - have to find out how my mobile stores the pictures first ;-)

And - I will be on vacation from this Saturday till Thursday next week!
    I will post my weight on Friday, and try to finish the challenges till then, too. I don't know if I will be able to log in during vacation, depends on whether there will be WLAN or not...
    Just wanted to keep you informed, so that you won't think I have dropped out!
  • Maalea
    Options
    2muchchoc - hope you are feeling better already?
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Ok everyone I just had a wicked workout but I have to say after my big loss last week I am really afraid. I hope I can lose at least a pound for us because there is no way I am eating fish! lol
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi green team members! Was/am looking forward to an online biggest loser!

Had a rough start. Tripped over and hurt back, chin and nose, consequently no exercise for a few days. Now have toothache, may have jarred jaw when I fell, and have been put on antibiotics.

Moan over. No more excuses - we can do this. Bring it on!

PS Maalea - getting there thanks !
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    On lunch so a quick note! For Mon & Tues did a run plus treadmill! Last night I had fish and did 100 squats! Nice job, getting the job done! Goooo green!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sea bass fillets purchased. Now what to do with them for the recipe challenge??......
  • KBrodzen1022
    Options
    So the hubby and kids caught fresh fish yesterday... gotta get a good recipe... blue gill and perch...

On another note... im hopeing to kick rear this week.. its been so hard with school because we are about to enter into finals.. and kids are ready for school to be out.. talk about hectic!!

Good luck all!!!
  • Maalea
    Options
    Yesterday went well, too. I had another long walk, and added 100 squats during the day. This morning I woke up early and decided to fill the time with some bodyweight exercises. And I managed to post my fish recipe yesterday.

Not there are still some squats left, the new kind of exercise, and the second fish meal...

Hope you all have a great day!

BTW, did you realize that "Green Team " sounds just like "Dream Team"? :wink:
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Yesterday went well, too. I had another long walk, and added 100 squats during the day. This morning I woke up early and decided to fill the time with some bodyweight exercises. And I managed to post my fish recipe yesterday.

Not there are still some squats left, the new kind of exercise, and the second fish meal...

Hope you all have a great day!

BTW, did you realize that "Green Team " sounds just like "Dream Team"? :wink:

I love it, :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Lets do this! goooo Dream Team/Green Team!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    "Your belief determines your acting and your action determines your results, but first you have to believe."

~Mark Victor Hansen
  • Maalea
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I managed to do all the challenges up to today - yeah! :happy:

4x 30-45 min exercise: done
    New exercise: went cycling yesterday
    Squats: 350 (phew)
    2xfish: done
    Fish recipe: done

And I had my weigh-in this morning, I lost 0.9 lbs - it's not quite the one lb I wanted to lose, but it is only Friday... and I am glad it is a loss and not a gain.
    I have already filled in the spreadsheet, too.

I will be back from vacation on Thursday - maybe I can drop in earlier if I have internet.

Is it possible to officially skip next week's challenge? Since I would only have Friday till Sunday to do it? I wouldn't want to drag the team down because of failing, and I don't want to land in the pit, neither :wink:

So, until Thursday, have a great time and keep losing :heart:
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great week. I am hoping for a good loss this week but we will see what tomorrow brings. I went for a 70 minute walk today. I am sorry I can't do the fish challenge and I really hope they do not do fish again considering so many people out there hate fish. I am already at 400 squats and I did jogging as my new exercise. Good luck everyone :smile:
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I did manage to get a late morning run in but it's getting to hot so for sure I will need to wake up early now! :(
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi lovelies,

Wow what a commitment from all of you !!! I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our second week challenge !!!! Have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

max 7 lbs

Exercise
    1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do at least 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! I know its getting harder to come up with something new :-)) ... so don't worry too much it can be anything interesting unusual - special you would like to share :-))

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard in 0 challenge :-) and since I went to work last week I repeated it 2x and love it :-))

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

so this week we will concentrate on abs!!! And main challenge Bicycle Crunch.

How to Properly do a Bicycle Crunch
    Lie on your back on a mat with knees bent, feet on the floor, and hands behind your head (don’t clasp your fingers). Press your lower back into the mat and tighten your ab muscles as you lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the floor and simultaneously move your right elbow and left knee toward each other while straightening your right leg (don’t let it touch the ground).

Draw your right knee back up and immediately move your left elbow and right knee toward each other while straightening your left leg; that’s one rep. Continue to move continuously, as if pedaling a bicycle. Do 3 sets of 15 reps 3 times a week. (so 135 )

2qdvcpy.png

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most Bicycle Crunches - BUT DON'T OVER DO IT!!!

<b> And we please keep doing squats - why to have abs to kill for without nice booty :-)</b>

so Best Butt Exercises For Women: Squats
    Squats are one of the best butt exercises you can do to build a nice round booty and sexy legs. Make sure you keep your abs tight, back straight, weight on heels, and sit your butt back. - there is only 140 to do - try to spread them in at least 3 days!! but of course if you can and want do more . (There is no advantage lbs for squats this week.)

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK 2 FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASIC ( I think we will always keep it basic ) ! Let's take this week to focus on breakfast and cooking - preparing breakfast - let other inspire you with their choices and recipes ! I know from looking into diaries - there is so many of you skipping it , but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on this is not good for us.

there is NO excuse girls and having 7x a week breakfast is the only way to get 1 lbs advantage (sorry there is only medical excuse not to have a breakfast - please let me know if you need exception)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips. I hope you got inspired with fish recipes and will keep eating 2x a week fish or other meals that include omega-3 fatty acids as a highlight

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 2. It will run from today april 29th - may 5th . I need the pictures and ingredients of 1 breakfast you were having this week for yourself . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation .

You must send picture + recipe here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/973760-cooking-challenge-for-week-2-breakfast The requirement this week is breakfast.

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 3 weigh in and everyone who post picture will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something new - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do 135 Bicycle Crunches an extra 1 lbs for person with most squats
    7xbreakfast - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Could I get the link to the spreadsheet again? The one with out accomplishments for the week.
  • Maalea
    Options
    Hi Green Team+
    I just got access to the internet and had to surf by ;-)
    You are doing great, congrats on all your losses!!

I looked at the spreadsheet and added my weight from friday - don£t know why it was not saved then...
    (ups, sorry, there is a rather strange keyboard on this computer)

Have a great day!