Hard sticking to my diet with my husband

Options
tigerlily886
tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
I am not being that strict with my diet, but I am avoiding eating out as much as I can. I can avoid temptation, unless it is offered to me. And my husband likes to offer it. He is supposed to be eating healthy with me, but he is not taking it that serious. We were in town yesterday and he wanted to stop at McDonalds for a ice cream cone. Fine, I didn't order anything, but then he bought two of those yummy strawberry creme pies, and I ate one. He bought popcorn when we were at the movies too. I only have so much willpower!!

I did say no to when he made biscuits this morning. I was a little sad after I read the calories, it is the same as my morning breakfast, but my cereal has more nutritional value.

Replies

• jooonesy
    jooonesy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. My husband tries to eat healthier, but sometimes I come home from a run and he's made brownies or brought home cheesecake... Smh... All I can do is just say no (not that there's anything wrong with saying yes to a brownie every once in awhile). It has to be a personal choice. While it's nice to have both people eating healthier and having an active lifestyle, some times it doesn't work out that way. If you want to be healthy, then build up your will power and say no more often. Maybe he'll come around eventually.
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    He brings lunch home sometimes and I told him to call me so I could tell him my order. He brought Subway, which is fine, but he needs to stop bringing the chips home.

We are going to rake up the backyard so I have somewhere to run. My neighborhood is not safe to run in and we have a big backyard. I need to do more cardio.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    men frustrate me.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    men frustrate me.

I agree with you.