New to the group

Options
katie8485
katie8485 Posts: 19 Member
Hi, my name is Katie. I am a 28 year old mom with hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed with it 5 years ago. Up until now I didn't realize there were many others out there with the same problem. I have been trying so hard to lose weight but don't get very far. I don't have a good support system at home and hope to find friends here.

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. :smile:
  • notabrat1
    notabrat1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hiya Katie! I'm Jennifer. I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism. I'm going to send you a friend request! :) ???? Support and encouragement are so important!! :) ????
  • redshaz73
    redshaz73 Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi my name is Sharon and I suffer with an undearctive thyroid which I was diagnosed with 6 years ago. Its good to know that there are others out there that suffer with this condition. It can be so hard at times to lose weight but I am determined not to give up. I have been told by my doctor that its not impossible to lose weight but that the weight loss can be slower than someone who doesn't suffer with this condition. It would be good to have some friends on here who suffer with the same so that we can support and encourage one another.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! My name is Maria. I'm new too. I was diagnosed 12 yrs ago. I have no idea why I am hypo. I'd LIKE to know and am trying to find out. Being hypo is so hard especially if others don't understand what you are going through. I hope you get the support you need here!
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, welcome. I have Hashimoto's and really struggle to keep ( not to mention lose ) weight. I'm a mom as well, to a lovely 2 year old daughter. I hope you will get all the support you need here!